Going to Hartlepool replay by train? | Vital Football

Going to Hartlepool replay by train?

GRSGimmer

Vital Squad Member
Confirmed for Weds 21/11 7.45 ko. No way of getting back until the Thursday mid-morning and cheapest rail fare will set you back around £140!! Similar to Carlisle last season.

Where did you see the confirmation please, GRSG ? It`s on `Pools` site but there was a wait and see reference on GFC site.

You trying to put folk off, (I said folk) ? There will be a coach option, car option, even a plane option. Nice fresh sea breeze, good fish & chips, good beer, and loads of space in the away end. All good. I`m going to drive and stay in Durham - not at Durham`s, in Durham !

Where did you see the confirmation please, GRSG ? It`s on `Pools` site but there was a wait and see reference on GFC site.

You trying to put folk off, (I said folk) ? There will be a coach option, car option, even a plane option. Nice fresh sea breeze, good fish & chips, good beer, and loads of space in the away end. All good. I`m going to drive and stay in Durham - not at Durham`s, in Durham !
It is on Pools' website and BBC football website. Pools play Barnet on the previous Sunday so our game pushed back to the Weds. Perhaps we should all rack up at Durham's house I am sure he would be glad to see us and give us all free B&B.

Cheers, GRSG. I`d seen it on Pools site but assumed that it could change if it was chosen for live TV (heaven forbid). TV probably won`t confirm that until Monday or Tuesday. BBC and BT Sport both have picks, I believe.

Durham`s probably got ten bedrooms, at least, at his gaff, so maybe he should do the decent thing for anyone traveling by train.

It is on Pools' website and BBC football website. Pools play Barnet on the previous Sunday so our game pushed back to the Weds. Perhaps we should all rack up at Durham's house I am sure he would be glad to see us and give us all free B&B.
Do you have a railcard? Two singles comes to £127 and with a gimmer's card £83.

Or £33 peak ticket to London [£23 for gimmers] and £26 return by coach to nearby Billingham

Do you have a railcard? Two singles comes to £127 and with a gimmer's card £83.

Or £33 peak ticket to London [£23 for gimmers] and £26 return by coach to nearby Billingham
Good point but it is the getting home that is a problem, even more so if it goes to extra time and pens. Only option is to drive or go by GFC coach failing that a hotel/BB stay over.

I’ll give you guys 10/10 for your loyalty.

Even the fact you are considering all that time effort and money for a trip waaay oop norf in the 1st round of the cup. That’s more than I ever contemplated. London? maybe. Luton? Poss. North of Watford Gap? Nope, that’s an expedition. Only reserved for “massive” games.

If I wore a cap, I’d doff it to you all ?

Had a quick look at Google Maps and discovered it's just over a 3 hour drive for me. It took me a worrying length of time to realise that I was clearly quite mad to even be contemplating such a trip on a Wednesday night.

Anyone any idea when we might know if it's going to be on TV? Appreciate that might just be based on historic information at the moment.

Anyone any idea when we might know if it's going to be on TV? Appreciate that might just be based on historic information at the moment.
Think it’s unlikely as Hartlepool ‘s next league match is on TV on Sunday on BT Sport, so it’s unlikely they’d have two TV games in a row.

At this same stage last year, BT Sport/BBC had made their selections (for Replay coverage) by the end of the Tuesday - so we should know either way by end of today.

Update: BT Sports live replay games confirmed as Tuesday Oxford City v TRanmere and Wednesday Salford City v Shrewsbury.

Can`t find any info re BBC coverage - maybe they are not screening the replays...

Update: BT Sports live replay games confirmed as Tuesday Oxford City v TRanmere and Wednesday Salford City v Shrewsbury.

Can`t find any info re BBC coverage - maybe they are not screening the replays...

Many thanks. Just checked on BBC schedule for 21st and there's no football listed.

If anyone wants a lift from the North Manchester area (and back of course) then pm me.