God Inducted Into Eire's Hall of Fame | Vital Football

God Inducted Into Eire's Hall of Fame

Richard Dunne was inducted last year, before God was. Imagine that.

200w.gif

Richard Dunne was inducted last year, before God was. Imagine that.

Good Christ. Scandalous that that fat lazy lump was in before one of the greatest defenders of all time let alone in Irelands history. If God was starting his career now he'd be at Barcelona or Real Madrid before he was 25. I was privileged to see him in his last few years at Villa.

Good Christ. Scandalous that that fat lazy lump was in before one of the greatest defenders of all time let alone in Irelands history. If God was starting his career now he'd be at Barcelona or Real Madrid before he was 25. I was privileged to see him in his last few years at Villa.

It's completely bizarre the more I think about it.

Frank Stapleton was inducted in 2010, McGrath should have been next. But before him came...

Ray Houghton, Kevin Sheedy, Ronnie Whelan, Andy Townsend, Tony Cascarino (?), Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Richard Dunne.

Most of those would be inducted anyway, and you could even argue Ronnie Whelan before McGrath, but not until now??

He's one of the most loved people of all time in Ireland and by far one of the greatest players. Maybe John Delaney was a racist.

Hold on a minute, this doesn't sound like a traditional Hall of Fame, it's beginning to sound like a 'random appointment' for anyone whose ever played football for them lol

I can see Keane, Duff and even Dunne going in to be fair, but surely it's a retirement based induction, God should never have been behind those three, even if he did follow strangely the likes of Houghton, Sheedy, Whelan etc.

Without accusing, it doesn't feel accidental for me.

Not heard of Giles - I fell in love with the Eire side in 1990 lol That's as far as my knowledge stretches back and then massively dips once MON took charge and I've paid no attention since.

But looking at that list I can only presume whoever was in charge of 'selection' previously maybe didn't get on with God for whatever reason.

At least he's in now.

Given my apparent love of Leeds I'm amazed I wasn't aware of that lol :fish:

Good point re Keane as well, not my cup of tea but there's no denying his influence on the pitch.