Goalkeeper | Vital Football

Goalkeeper

Joe Lumley is a fairly experienced Championship keeper .Certainly not a bench warmer.He like Bonham I think is out of contract at the end of the season at present.I wonder if Evans is trying to persuade him to move to Kent next season?

Not sure of the rules on this loan. Does an emergency keeper have to be first pick?

I don't know the rules, but I'd be very surprised if they did have to be first pick. Don't think it's unreasonable to want to have a keeper on the bench, if we've only got 1 available keeper, then we need another, even if it's only to sit on the bench.

I don't know the rules, but I'd be very surprised if they did have to be first pick. Don't think it's unreasonable to want to have a keeper on the bench, if we've only got 1 available keeper, then we need another, even if it's only to sit on the bench.
Not sure if a keeper of Lumley's calibre would agree to the move to sit on the bench.

Lumley will be playing tomorrow as we've lost four in a row and it's too much pressure on Walsh and may sink him. So says Evans.

Lumley will be playing tomorrow as we've lost four in a row and it's too much pressure on Walsh and may sink him. So says Evans.
I wonder if not having a vocal defender Evans might look to the keeper. Someone like Vince Bartrum might be a big plus right now.I am hard of hearing but always heard Vince .Did it make a difference I don't know .But in the absence of a vocal leader at the back a vocal quality keeper might be just what we need.Evans has never been slow to drop players Bonham has performed well but nobody is vocal enough maybe Lumley will be the answer.

Very good quality as an emergency.

I’m going to agree with SE on this one. It would be good to see Walsh given a go. But on the back of 4 losses, pressure mounting, against a top side and behind a very inexperienced back line, sooner have a bit of experience. And no harm done to Walsh if it goes pear shaped.

According to the regulations Joe Lumley is on loan for 7 days which can be renewed on a independent doctors review of Bonham.

57.4 Any goalkeeper registered under the provisions of this Regulation must be included in the starting 11 on the Team Sheet, and must start the Match.
This means as I read it unless QPR withdrew Lumley he must start both today and against Crewe on Tuesday.

According to the regulations Joe Lumley is on loan for 7 days which can be renewed on a independent doctors review of Bonham.

57.4 Any goalkeeper registered under the provisions of this Regulation must be included in the starting 11 on the Team Sheet, and must start the Match.
This means as I read it unless QPR withdrew Lumley he must start both today and against Crewe on Tuesday.

Hmm, that appears to be the case.

Weird, because it means you can’t sign an emergency just as a back up keeper. I suppose if your reserve keeper is out, you just have to go without a back up or stick a youth or “oldie” on the bench.

Hmm, that appears to be the case.

Weird, because it means you can’t sign an emergency just as a back up keeper. I suppose if your reserve keeper is out, you just have to go without a back up or stick a youth or “oldie” on the bench.
If a backup keeper is injured I am not sure you would be qualified for emergency loan anyway as I believe you only qualify if you don't have a experienced keeper available. If Walsh was injured a free agent on weekly terms would probably be enough cover.If you were only going to use him in a substitute situation it would not matter as much.