Go To War Or Get The F*** Out! Villa v WBA 25/4 7pm Match Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

Go To War Or Get The F*** Out! Villa v WBA 25/4 7pm Match Thread

That's one way of looking at it although giving Keinan 8 minutes suggests it was more of a desperate lob rather than a strategic ploy and Davis pulled it out of the bag. The right sub made 20-30 minutes too late. As for him giving Davis a fair chance I agree. I criticised Smith's blatant favouritism towards Watkins weeks ago. I am a Watkins fan but he is guaranteed 90 minutes every week while Davis gets scraps. It's not good squad management. Without Grealish we should scrap this system and start them both.

Eventually it will get him the sack.

Sorry, but if you start measuring his performance on the basis of what he did against Man City that is the definition of unfair in my book. City outclass everyone most games, and strikers are left stranded. He's looked good in the few minutes he's got in most games. Add them all together and he's our top scorer per minute pkayed thi

And he's been anonymous in games where he's had more than 10 minutes.

We should be getting 3 points against this lot. Yes Jack has been missing but it's a squad game and we have gone from challenging for Europe to dropping out the top ten. Deano is a good bloke and his heart is in the right place but if we have the ambitions our owners suggest I doubt they will tolerate another run of results like this next season.

This game ironically showed why he isn't a goalscorer as he should have had at least 2 if not 3 goals. But still he should be used a CF who creates chances for the 2nd striker. Like someone suggested, let us try Wasteley, and KD upfront with Ollie on the wing.

Wasteley? Why do we need to mock our own players Divine especially when Wesley’s played for a mere 4 months in the Premier League, has had a potentially career threatening injury and probably been through 16 months of hell? The bloke surely deserves support and a chance to at least play a few games before he’s consigned to the bin again.

It's unjustified to sack Smith. Because although we all see a decline, he has technically improved, showed great glimpses early on, and our shyte form coincides with an injured Jack and out of form Barkley. We're sitting comfortable in mid table and im sure that's what the debrief from the bosses would have been..... however they'll have one eye on performances, and with with more money being spent in the summer, I think their patience will only last until around November/Dec if we don't improve to the the next level.
That’s a dangerous game for me, I’d rather Smith wasn’t given another £150m, and it’s better for the team to have a manger from the get go then bring one in to dig us out of hole should we be in one.

Sorry, but if you start measuring his performance on the basis of what he did against Man City that is the definition of unfair in my book. City outclass everyone most games, and strikers are left stranded. He's looked good in the few minutes he's got in most games. Add them all together and he's our top scorer per minute pkayed thi
Davis has been the highlight in recent weeks. Delighted he's got his goal

I agree. It is clear as day that some don't think he has any utility, but judging him on his Man C performance is contemptible.

That’s a dangerous game for me, I’d rather Smith wasn’t given another £150m, and it’s better for the team to have a manger from the get go then bring one in to dig us out of hole should we be in one.
Smith is an enormous risk now. But I think he'll get the summer and 10 games if things aren't ok he'll be gone
Could be a lot less of course, lose the opening few games this squad and its fragile mentality could implode quicker

29 April 1959,Ronnie Allen of W B A score d a last minute equaliser to relegate Aston Villa. The Baggies fans celebrated like they had one the Cup. Ray Barlow Baggies Skipper shook his head in disapproval, a big pay day derby gone. What goes around -------------.
I’m just glad the lad has scored and we don’t need them for a big pay day

Ollie's worst performances have still been better than Davis's best and I don't see Davis replacing him anytime soon. Maybe more chances as a sub or alongside, so again let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I agree and I don't think anyone even remotely suggested KD being worthy of replacing him but playing along with him. KD on his own would be useless.