Glimmer of hope | Vital Football

Glimmer of hope

Mistaram

Vital Youth Team
Anybody else watch the Bradford v Shrewsbury match on Sky Callum Guy he played really Played defensive midfield but with licence to get forward He has bags of energy gets around the field really well has a bit of pace can spot a pass plays without fear quite impressed with him We will probably sell him though

With him (Guy), the 2 Maxes (Lowe and Bird), Elsnik, Thomas, McDonald, Zanzala and more back off loan for next season we have the chance to ditch some has beens and give the young uns a go. I am all for it.

OK so I haven't seem many of the youngsters play but have seen enough of the main squad. In essence the issue is the same as if we had gone up - ie keep a few but the new players coming in are quite different as regards cost.

I would also lose the 2 CDM set up unless we can resource it properly, leaving perhaps:

Carson

???
Wisdom
Davies
??? (Lowe?)

??? (Guy?)

Weiman
Lawrence
Vydra
??? (Thomas / Elsinck?)

??? (Martin!!!)

I guess we'd give up a lot of goals but score plenty. Problem here would be the midfield has no worker /ball winner and this would put a lot of pressure on a rookie CDM, but what the hell.

We cannot chuck out all the experience and this blends 6 experienced guys with potantially 5 young uns.

But this all presumes we can get rid of a lot of now deadweight. IIt also presumes we won't but anything much, which MM has rather alluded to.

OK boys, pull it apart.....

Up top a striker and Vydra (Vydra in a free role)

MF4 with a DM (Hanson/Guy) plus Weimann, Lawrence and Thomas

New RB Wisdom Davies Lowe at the back

Carson in goal, preferably.

As somebody said in an earlier thread, some 90% of the last 30 odd teams promoted to the PL from the SBC have played 1-4-4-2.

OK so I haven't seem many of the youngsters play but have seen enough of the main squad. In essence the issue is the same as if we had gone up - ie keep a few but the new players coming in are quite different as regards cost.

I would also lose the 2 CDM set up unless we can resource it properly, leaving perhaps:

Carson

???
Wisdom
Davies
??? (Lowe?)

??? (Guy?)

Weiman
Lawrence
Vydra
??? (Thomas / Elsinck?)

??? (Martin!!!)

I guess we'd give up a lot of goals but score plenty. Problem here would be the midfield has no worker /ball winner and this would put a lot of pressure on a rookie CDM, but what the hell.

We cannot chuck out all the experience and this blends 6 experienced guys with potantially 5 young uns.

But this all presumes we can get rid of a lot of now deadweight. IIt also presumes we won't but anything much, which MM has rather alluded to.

OK boys, pull it apart.....
Roger agree with most of it But my first two out the door would be Weimann and Lawrence both promise everything but actually achieve very little week after week

With him (Guy), the 2 Maxes (Lowe and Bird), Elsnik, Thomas, McDonald, Zanzala and more back off loan for next season we have the chance to ditch some has beens and give the young uns a go. I am all for it.
I’m all for it too but will someone please tell me how we ‘ditch’ the has beens without taking a massive financial hit. There are these little things called contracts and today’s tend to be pretty ‘water tight’.
Mista...don’t you think Lawrence is worth a punt in his favoured position rather than pushed out wide?

If we don't ditch some of the has beens it could affect affect team spirit which it is essential is rebuilt.
Mel gave 'em the contracts, he will have to take a hit!!

I’m all for it too but will someone please tell me how we ‘ditch’ the has beens without taking a massive financial hit. There are these little things called contracts and today’s tend to be pretty ‘water tight’.
Mista...don’t you think Lawrence is worth a punt in his favoured position rather than pushed out wide?
ramANag Yes but Rowett will not let him play there so no point keeping him in getting tired of people saying still young he's 24ffs and cost £7million In just watching the under23v West Ham watching on Rams player Keogh and Thorne in midfield doing ok is this the future ?

ramANag Yes but Rowett will not let him play there so no point keeping him in getting tired of people saying still young he's 24ffs and cost £7million In just watching the under23v West Ham watching on Rams player Keogh and Thorne in midfield doing ok is this the future ?

If Rowett will consider moving Keogh to midfield then moving Lawrence to a position he prefers shouldn’t be too much of an ask.

If Rowett will consider moving Keogh to midfield then moving Lawrence to a position he prefers shouldn’t be too much of an ask.
Yes RA but if you move Lawrence to his preferred position then you have to drop Vydra because they both want the same position Plus Vydra can't play wide pics that under Mac U hope he does play Keogh in for Ledley can't be any worse My dread against.Boro is Baird at left back Just been Y/ tube Boro against Bristol. Boros Traore repeatedly taking Joe Bryan to the cleaners and Bryan is by far the best left back in the Championship hmm

Har so in the next match sh on Davies...think he’s been a good signing.
RA yes you are right Davies has been a good signing He is his getting me frustrated when he keeps coming out after matches and saying what they need to do in the next match but nobody does it

Latest Rams News