Glen Roeder | Vital Football

Glen Roeder

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Died aged 65 from a brain tumour.

Memories of him, aside from him playing for us in the 80's and managing us, are me Brother shouting from the Gallowgate every time he got the ball in every game without fail. "ROEDER!!........ Ya shit"

I don't even think me Brother thought he was shit either, it was just a continuing joke.

Sad news, I remember going to see us play Watford in the FA cup replays in the late eighties. It was a shot deflected by Roeder's heel which beat the keeper and went in. We lost 0-1.
As a manager he was in charge when we won 4-1 at the Mackems place and Shearer scored his final goal. Had a decent win percentage at the Toon also.

Last edited:
Sad news, I remember going to see us play Watford in the FA cup replays in the late eighties. It was a shot deflected by Roeder's heel which beat the keeper and went in. We lost 0-1.
As a manager he was in charge when we won 4-1 at the Mackems place and Shearer scored his final goal. Had a decent win percentage at the Toon also.

Went to three out of four of those Watford FA Cup games, missed the final one. Memory and all that, would have sworn Roeder had left by then, obviously not.

Remember after the first replay at Vicarage Rd being back in Newcastle for the 2nd replay, being off work midweek and drinking trebles for a quid all afternoon in some bar in town. Pissed, got to the Gallowgate queue, pissing down, thought fuck this with my mate, let's go in the away end in the Leazes, they can't have brought many.

Got in ok, kept quiet, soaked to the fucking skin two hours later after a 0-0 AET. 🙄😳