Glen Roeder | Vital Football

Glen Roeder

Indeed sad that a life is lost at only 65.....He however was eventually detested by the Majority of City supporters, he was a very nasty and vindictive manager towards some players and staff...I suppose I`ll remember him for signing Hoolahan....The Neil Adams spat and of course Huckerby!!

Indeed sad that a life is lost at only 65.....He however was eventually detested by the Majority of City supporters, he was a very nasty and vindictive manager towards some players and staff...I suppose I`ll remember him for signing Hoolahan....The Neil Adams spat and of course Huckerby!!
Hoolahan was his highlight. Didn't he also sack the kit man and tea lady?

Presumably you are referring to the decision not to renew Huckerby's contract and the way the fans couldn't give Hucks a good send off.

There was also his spat with the fans at the AGM.

FFL - can you please remind us about the Adams spat.

Last edited:
Presumably you are referring to the decision not to renew Huckerby's contract and the way the fans couldn't give Hucks a good send off.

Didn't roeder get all upset after Adams had spoken on radio that huckerby should be playing? Roeder said something that was obviously aimed at Adams like he hates nasty irritating people who will never manger a club above under 14. Then a few days later Adams was sacked and Adams asked if it was because if his comments and roeder never answered him.

Bears has got it right about Neil Adams