Glazers playing fantasy football with Kane? | Vital Football

Glazers playing fantasy football with Kane?

Spursex

Alert Team
In amongst all the SL after-effects, a 'story' was leaked by Manure to one of its favoured journo's.

The season isn't over but Manure were preparing a bid of £90 mill for Harry Kane.

Yesterday I had a chance to speak to one of the members of our sports writing elite - he didn't write a story about it, but none the less his view the worst kept secret in PL football was that Kane was leaving in the summer, no matter what obstacles are put in his way, he wants away.

Despite the covid transfer market looking more like a car boot sale; quality always holds its value, and it was his view that Levy will not be persuaded to waive the contract without a minimum £150 mill being put on the table.

Until then he will ignore everyone and everything, and he's braced himself (if necessary) for Harry to threaten not to play or never even try to play unless the club agree to his demands.

Against a backdrop of a new manager and some fans still throwing their rattles out at the temerity of Levy even attempting to join the ESL, we could be in for a very turbulent end of summer window transfers...

Will we have a DoF who can take the measured view by then - anyone's guess, I'm told the hunt for a DOF/DSporting director is still on-going.

Last edited:
If Kane wants out them let him go. If he's that dissatisfied we won't have the same player next season anyway. And he's so influential in the dressing room we'll have the Eriksen problem on a much larger scale.

My worry is that even if Levy does agree to let him go, he'll drag it out all summer to get the best possible fee, particularly if it's Man Utd. Which he is quite entitled to do, of course, given it is in the club's best interests to get as much money as possible. But it will be an even bigger circus than the Bale drama. And all that whilst a new manager is trying to bed in.

If Kane wants out them let him go. If he's that dissatisfied we won't have the same player next season anyway. And he's so influential in the dressing room we'll have the Eriksen problem on a much larger scale.

My worry is that even if Levy does agree to let him go, he'll drag it out all summer to get the best possible fee, particularly if it's Man Utd. Which he is quite entitled to do, of course, given it is in the club's best interests to get as much money as possible. But it will be an even bigger circus than the Bale drama. And all that whilst a new manager is trying to bed in.

I can't do anything but back Levy on this one; if he is to be let go, he can't show it - and all he can do otherwise is tell anyone who displays interest that we won't take a blind bit of notice until you formally offer £150 mill or thereabouts..or whatever value we've put on his head. Although Transfermarkt have him at a value of just £108 mill....

Last edited:
Transfermarkt regularly ignore the old adage that things are worth what people are prepared to pay for them... or more relevant in our case, what people are prepared to sell them for.

Kane's been dissatisfied most of this season and is having statistically his best ever. He even refused to turn on Jose according to some, he's the consummate pro. Hopefully Levy can just make him accept his fate and his own personal pride and professionalism won't let his quality dip.

Transfermarkt regularly ignore the old adage that things are worth what people are prepared to pay for them... or more relevant in our case, what people are prepared to sell them for.

Kane's been dissatisfied most of this season and is having statistically his best ever. He even refused to turn on Jose according to some, he's the consummate pro. Hopefully Levy can just make him accept his fate and his own personal pride and professionalism won't let his quality dip.
Dissatisfied in what way? Perhaps with the results, lack of trophies again etc. But he chose to stay another season.

The article says 'Kane was leaving in the summer, no matter what obstacles are put in his way, he wants away.' In that context, if he doesn't get his move, we may not see the form that we've seen this season.

It's not to say he wouldn't be professional but when you're heart is not in something you rarely play to 100% of your capabilities.

Firstly... £90m? And the rest Manure! Less than £150m and Spurs fans revolt. It's not just the Glaziers that need to appease their fans.

Secondly... guaranteed silverware is not at Manure anymore.

Thirdly... if Kane always had it in his mind that he would have to leave at this age if Spurs weren't competing then it was a bit daft to sign such a long contract, no? You only have to look at how Zaha screwed himself with a long contract at Palace.

Firstly... £90m? And the rest Manure! Less than £150m and Spurs fans revolt. It's not just the Glaziers that need to appease their fans.

Secondly... guaranteed silverware is not at Manure anymore.

Thirdly... if Kane always had it in his mind that he would have to leave at this age if Spurs weren't competing then it was a bit daft to sign such a long contract, no? You only have to look at how Zaha screwed himself with a long contract at Palace.
I'm pretty sure that whilst Kane signed that contract there were bound to be some clauses either written or verbal that he believes allows him the flexibility he wants.

The more a Kane transfer is discussed the more I think that the football world has mostly moved past Kane with the move in football towards younger faster players or the restrictions on finances due to covid.

I can't see the spanish clubs pushing for him when Mbappe and Haaland are about and City despite spending big, generally don't do so on one player. United are the only possibility in my eyes and even they have committed to Cavani for another year. Would they spend the 150m needed to get Kane? I'm not so certain anymore.

The 3 scenarios regarding Kane for me are;

1. Kane stays, breaks every record going whilst helping us win the league in the next few seasons.

2. Kane wants out. We ask him for one more season and agree to let him go for x amount next season if he still wants out. X amount being £100m+

3. Kane wants out now. Sell him but he only goes on our terms. £150m or tough sit. He’s under contract, get on with it.

Haaland to City? No chance. Not if they're unwilling to pay a ridiculous fee of £125 M plus that is.

Kane to Utd is most likely although they'd also have to dig deep. Neither will dip below £100 M.

Mason would impress the shit out of me if he had the balls to not start Kane the next match or two....

Naffing RESPECT!

3 theories.....

1) He's suffering with his recent injury or even the left ankle from before.
2) He's de-risking missing out on the Euro's with England
3) He's disenfranchised with what is going on at the club and his own contract status.

Probably some from column A, B, C etc.

The net result to Spurs is his performances being way down from his best. He's not shutting down and I even saw him pull out of a 50:50 at the weekend. It looked out of character.

Personally, I'm getting frustrated with how much everyone is protecting him. If his name wasn't Harry Kane, he'd be getting pelters for most of his recent performances.

I actually think it is OK if he sits one out if it helps get his body or head right. Neither look right to me.

Harry clearly wants out, and Levy will be happy to sell him if the price is right. My view is that he will go to United for around 120M, although it may take a while for Levy to come down to that price. When Poch first joined PSG I thought that Harry was nailed on to join them in the summer. However with them now out of the CL, and looking like missing out on the French league, maybe Poch won't even get a second season there. Mbappe, Kane and Niemar still sounds like a pretty impressive front three though.

3 theories.....

1) He's suffering with his recent injury or even the left ankle from before.
2) He's de-risking missing out on the Euro's with England
3) He's disenfranchised with what is going on at the club and his own contract status.

Probably some from column A, B, C etc.

The net result to Spurs is his performances being way down from his best. He's not shutting down and I even saw him pull out of a 50:50 at the weekend. It looked out of character.

Personally, I'm getting frustrated with how much everyone is protecting him. If his name wasn't Harry Kane, he'd be getting pelters for most of his recent performances.

I actually think it is OK if he sits one out if it helps get his body or head right. Neither look right to me.

As always you are much more eloquent than me. Agree bud!

Harry clearly wants out, and Levy will be happy to sell him if the price is right. My view is that he will go to United for around 120M, although it may take a while for Levy to come down to that price. When Poch first joined PSG I thought that Harry was nailed on to join them in the summer. However with them now out of the CL, and looking like missing out on the French league, maybe Poch won't even get a second season there. Mbappe, Kane and Niemar still sounds like a pretty impressive front three though.

If these types of transfers happen, we are now in danger of just having a Top 4 again in the Prem. Everyone has to surely admit that City, Utd and Chelsea look set fair for next season. If Liverpool get their defenders back, it will feel like 3 new signings compared to what they had this season. If they then add the same quality as they did with Jota then there is no reason why they won't complete the top 4 domination.

This is why in the past we had to get guys like Bale and Modric out of this country and away from the English money clubs. That doesn't seem to be an option now.