Glass half full | Vital Football

Glass half full

crooktownmags

Vital Squad Member
Like everyone I am disappointed by results but what did we expect after the Ashley era. Not enough investment year after year.

Yeah we will probably get relegated but so what?

Ashley gone....Penfold gone.....Bruce gone.......new owners who want to build the club back up to former heights and maybe even beyond.

If we have a season or two in the championship let's enjoy it for what it is and look forward to the upward curve ahead.

Imagine if we were in exactly the position we are now still under Bruce and Ashley?

I dont think it will ever be truly understood what effect Mike Ashley had on this club

The whole setup was based around survival on minimum investment

I know I'm not stating anything new here but after 14 years of a sporting institution having absolutely no ambition to succeed or improve we might never appreciate how deep the rot had set in

Thats why I never really wanted to blame managers or players for being shite - even if they were any good they were shackled by lack of investment in the infrastructure and lack of ambition

I really couldnt give a shiny shite what happens this season because ultimately we have our hope back

Every day seems like a step forward tbh, new staff, improved facilities, signs down etc. etc. Long may we continue on the long overdue upward curve. A sad mackem was giving it the old "deluded" thing the other day. Just a little smile in response did the job.

I think you are both right but for some reason I would prefer to stay up. I don’t think we will as the damage is done but whatever happens it’s just a relief to be rid of Ashley and all that he stood for. It can and will only get better.

Absolutely - prefer to stay up but for all the crap in the media about “pressure this” and “pressure that” I have to ask - “what pressure?”

Newcastle fans have their club back; the new board are already adored; there has been more communication in last few weeks than 14 years of nothing and, above all else, the pig has gone and the future is bright.

The fans are right behind the players. They recognise they’re not very good but at least they’re busting a gut and trying.

The attitude seems to be “so what” if we go down. 120 points next season and Newcastle posting full houses and taking maximum away allocations (and more) if we do.

There is absolutely zero pressure concerning premier league survival. It really is quite astonishing and yet - so NUFC. Only at this club.

Something good going on up there mind, even the various youth teams have started putting a few decent results together.