Glasgow Derby | Page 3 | Vital Football

Glasgow Derby

I'm off to the game tonight. Partick Thistle again already, this time at Celtic Park! BR has suggested he'll use his squad tonight and after some impressive training sessions, could well use some of the younger players, even from the development squad. I think he's planning to give as many as possible a rest before the winter break and to make sure all the key players are fit and healthy before we play The Rangers.

Potential youth team players to come in?
Kristoffer Ajer, Calvin Miller, Anthony Ralston, Michael Johnston, Theo Archibald. Could also potentially see a spot on the bench for Jack Aitchison but if anyone is going to be given a wee chance to start it would be the above players. I think it will more likely be sub appearances for a few tonight though. Kristoffer Ajer is about the only one who could step into the team and start right now.

I'd also like to see Liam Henderson and O'Connell get a chance to play tonight while we might also continue to see Ryan Christie play.

Scott Brown is back from suspension, Bitton scored and so will want to follow up with another good performance and continue to be in the team while Sinclair will look to add more minutes to his return to fitness and Griffiths will want to keep scoring!

Wee OD goes to Celtic with a huge hard on. He loves when the young players get a run out! :emoticon:73 :emoticon:73 :emoticon:73

:emoticon:15

cheeky wee....... :emoticon:13

Pretty awful performance last night! If Partick Thistle were a better team....we'd have been beaten! In fact, we could have easily lost that game to be honest!

Me and my mate have decided.....Gamboa is shite! I think I only saw him actually make maybe 2 tackles :emoticon:26 The only thing he does do well is run on to the ball and cross it when you play it into space but he can't turn and take a man on. I think he's lost a lot of his pace compared to what he was like. We kept playing the ball to his feet and all he could really do was pass it backwards or into the middle of the pitch because credit to Partick, they closed him down quickly and he knew that as soon as he turned to face the way we were attacking, he'd have a defender in his face.

Credit to Partick Thistle in general actually, they stuck to their game plan well and made it very difficult for us to get it out from our own half. It slowed up the play and we had nobody showing for the ball or trying to run into space which made it easy for them as well.

Some very sloppy defending and some sloppy passing at times from us. We didn't get out and pressure them and get in their faces enough.
What a difference having Armstrong in midfield made though! That boy is in fine form! Unfortunately by that time, the spaces started to open up a bit but they were just getting bodies back to block off any chance of a shot.

Sinclair, although he scored, particularly in the first half he just seemed to be off the boil....not quite found his final ball since returning from injury.
Roberts was similar, fantastic to watch when he made his runs but typically he was having to go by at least 2 or 3 players, by which time there was another wall in front of him and it normally came to nothing!

Calvin Miller......not one of the players I thought would start but interesting to hear Rodgers on the radio beforehand talking about him. He saw him and thought he reminded him of a player he had at Chelsea in the youth ranks who was a left winger, thought he might make a good left back and moved him there. He had some successful loan spells and played well in the Chelsea first team when given the chance and became a full England international; in January 2015, he moved to Southampton for £10m......Ryan Bertrand, one of the best LBs in the EPL.
He obviously sees something in the talented Miller that makes him believe he can do the same sort of thing with him. Any time I've known about Miller, he's been an attacker in some form whether on the wing, up front or in midfield.
He did well last night though, lost out a couple of duels but he was up against a big, strong winger so it was tough for him! He got up and down the pitch well, got some good balls into the box. Was confident in possession and determined in his tackles. Was fortunate not to give away a penalty for handball in the box though.

In the end it's another win, a good run out for some players who needed it and a good rest for others. Now 14 points clear with a game still in hand over Rangers. By the time we play them on the 31st, we could be 17 points clear. Beat them and we're 20 points clear going into the winter break! :emoticon:10 :emoticon:04

18/05/17

Celtic: Gordon, Gamboa, Sviatchenko, Boyata, Izaguirre, Brown, McGregor, Roberts, Rogic, Forrest, Griffiths

subs: Toure, Bitton, Sinclair, Bailly, Ralston, Tierney, Kouassi

GOAL That makes it 100 league goals for the season for Celtic!

Leigh Griffiths scores from the penalty spot after Paddy Roberts had been brought down.

19 mins gone

He's a hothead. I saw him look miffed but it didn't seem over the top. But when the gaffer says you have a bad attitude, you need to smile more.

Brenda Rodgers #Celtic have been a joy & privilege to watch all season long.

They'll be talking about the #invincibles a century from now!

These aren't just good times, no, they are outstanding times to be a Celtic supporter - times we will never forget and times we will look back on and cherish in the future.

And there's a lot more to come and to look forward to in the seasons ahead.

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE CELTIC \o/ :emoticon:70 :emoticon:55

Missed the game as was out playing 5-a-side but I caught up with the highlights this morning. Some good goals in there. Looks as though it was probably the easiest game we've had against Partick all season as they've been one of our toughest opponents! I read about Griffiths not being happy at getting subbed but I'm sure the media will just try and make more of it than it actually was and I also heard BR and Griffiths were fine by the end of the game. You can understand Griffiths being upset though, there was a chance to score more goals and all he ever wants to do is play games and score goals. However with one more game before the Cup Final and him being our only fit striker, BR made the right decision. I think Jack Aitchison has been away with the Scotland youth team which is likely why he's not been on the bench, which is a shame really because these games would be perfect for him to come on and get 10 minutes or so in the first team!

Latest Celtic News