Glasgow Derby | Page 2 | Vital Football

Glasgow Derby

Wow! What a nice goal from Armstrong with Griffiths again providing. Griff could easily start on the right wing in place of Roberts, as an option. 2-0!

GOAL! Armstrong again! 2-0!

Free-kick won on the right by Gamboa, Griffiths takes but just passes it back to Armstrong! Takes a touch and shoots, keeper should do better but great goal!

GOAL! Griffiths! 3-0! Gamboa wins the ball around the half way line, breaks to Rogic who slides it through for Griffiths but the defender wins it, Griffiths wins it back in the box and he's one on one with the keeper and the ball is on his left foot, there was only one outcome!

60 seconds between the goals!

That's it, game over now!

This is the sort of game where I feel sorry that we don't have more youngsters on the bench. Perfect game to give them a taste.

Ryan Christie is on to replace GMS and Rogic is going off, perhaps precautionary after taking a knock to his knee a few minutes ago and is replaced by McGregor.

3-1, Thistle pull a goal back from a free-kick. They were offside but it was a good looping header over Gordon and absolutely awful defending from us! Lindsay was the scorer and he's probably one of the biggest guys on the pitch, yet he seems to have been marked by Gamboa. Lustig was caught underneath the ball but the closest to Lindsay was Gamboa. That makes no sense at all!

OH FFS! Offside given this time but another piss poor defended free-kick from us and it was in the back of the net! We've pushed Gamboa and Izzy so far up that we're playing with a back 2 and Scott Brown drops deep but we don't seem able to get out now at all because there seems to be no midfield and everyone else is being closely marked. We've changed our shape with the subs but so did Thistle and we don't seem to be coping with it!

Apparently Dembele is ready to come on but I'd be bringing on Toure!

Roberts with a great chance from an Izzy cut-back but it blazes over the bar!

Then Griffiths makes something out of nothing and works his way into the box and tries to curl one to the keeper's right but it was too close to the centre of the goal and the keeper made a good save. Nothing comes from the resulting corner.

I'm watching on BT Sport so can't comment on Jim Craig.

Goal number 4 though! Callum McGregor! Cross from Izzy and McGregor with a good finish to make it 4-1.

Before that there was a nervy moment when Azeez knocked the ball past Gordon who was rushing out to the edge of his box. Azeez goes down claiming contact and Sviatchenko mops up and the ref gives a booking for diving. I don't agree with Sutton that there was enough contact to warrant a red card for Gordon giving a penalty of free-kick would have been quite harsh on us and Gordon but I'm not sure it should have really been a booking either......

That's a fine win. DOminant performance. Great work from Armstrong, Griffiths and GMS. I thought Roberts was good in the first half. The defense was a bit leaky, but screw it. We have the league by the balls.

It was a bit rough to begin with but after the first goal and then the start of the second half, our attacking play was really getting better and better.

Those who are not normally starters didn't do an awful lot I didn't think. Didn't really push and say to the manager "pick me I deserve it". GMS did well, particularly when you consider how long he's been out but Gamboa didn't do much to justify starting him over Lustig, but then Lustig certainly didn't do much to justify him starting anywhere other than RB. Not convinced by him playing CB, the only exception might be when going with 3 at the back, that he could do!
Ryan Christie came on and again, didn't do great but showed he's got potential!
McGregor is a bit of a rotation player at the moment, took his goal well and looked good on the ball.

Latest Celtic News