Give 'em a break | Vital Football

Give 'em a break

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
Some of you lot on here! We've played 4 competetive matches and won 3 of them which aint bad considering we've got so many new players. They'll take a while to settle in of course, plus SE needs to work out his best formation based on official games played as opposed to friendlies

So get rid of some of the negativity please. God knows what the reaction would have been if we'd lost 3 out of 4 instead of winning 3 out of 4!!

Some people don't like PS or SE. Even if we won ten in a row, the same people would moan. Thankfully, they are a small minority, and the rest of us are enjoying watching The Gills, even if it is just on a screen at the moment 😊

That’s the way of life LSB
Some are programmed to moan (about anything)
Moaners moan.
It’s what they do.
Do we want a thread moaning about moaners?
Some would moan about it I expect.

LSB2 - I’m getting used to this , watching the Gills on a tv screen with my feet up having a beer or two !! 😃

I only did it last night with a beer, and it was very enjoyable. The other games I've been sober for. Got an Android TV box now, so at least I won't have the worry of kicking the laptop across the floor when plugged into the TV lol

It would be a tad boring if we all blindly heaped praise on GFC all the time. To be fair, everyone on here has gone out of their way to "sign-up" to this forum and I can`t think that of a reason to do that other than caring about our football club. Besides, we`re lower league - we`ve often plenty to moan about ! It`s what makes this forum interesting.

It would be a tad boring if we all blindly heaped praise on GFC all the time. To be fair, everyone on here has gone out of their way to "sign-up" to this forum and I can`t think that of a reason to do that other than caring about our football club. Besides, we`re lower league - we`ve often plenty to moan about ! It`s what makes this forum interesting.
It doesn’t have to be one way or the other. People are simply remarking that there’s been so much negativity surrounding the club at the moment. A bit of recognition for the results given the situation we find ourselves in is fair.

Whilst I don't like individual criticism of players, discussions about the team as a whole can only be a good thing. I don't think we have played particularly well this season, I understand why we haven't but can't pretend it's anything else other than it is.
Last season we struggled for goals but our sturdy defense was able to compensate for the lack of goals, it did mean we drew far too many games but at least we weren't losing. This season we again look to struggle for goals, unfortunately our defense hasn't started to gel yet. I'm sure the team will come good the more time they spend together, at the moment they don't look good.

I thought we looked very good in the first half V Crawley which shows our potential.
Besides that .....

Played 4 and won 3 without playing particularly well is pretty good though. I suppose technically last night was a draw. So played 4 - won 2 drawn 1 and lost 1. I’ll admit I only listened last night, but saw the highlights today and watched the other 3 live. I do hope we don’t have the same chopping and changing we had early on in last years forward positions, in the defence this season.

Forgot to add, we do look shaky at the back. Hopefully in time young jack will settle, however I do wonder if none of us actually appreciated what a calm and reassuring presence max was at the back last season.

Forgot to add, we do look shaky at the back. Hopefully in time young jack will settle, however I do wonder if none of us actually appreciated what a calm and reassuring presence max was at the back last season.
You're right about missing Max, but I think BF used to spend a lot of time organizing the defense as well.

Usually, one of the most dominant (mouthiest) players in your squad is one of the centre backs .
They will call the tune.
These lads seem a bit quiet at the moment

Usually, one of the most dominant (mouthiest) players in your squad is one of the centre backs .
They will call the tune.
These lads seem a bit quiet at the moment
Another reason to have Ogilvie in the centre at least for the next few months if not longer.