Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread

Rumour has it be is looking for a way out, which IMO would be a mistAke by us cos I think he could be the dogs.... Hope he gets decent game time this month so he at least has a chance to show what he can do!

Rumour has it be is looking for a way out, which IMO would be a mistAke by us cos I think he could be the dogs.... Hope he gets decent game time this month so he at least has a chance to show what he can do!

None of it makes sense to me. I have no clue why Gio isn't getting more game time. I thought Sissoko got the opportunity that Lo Celso should have got at the weekend. Whist Sissoko did OK, just makes me wonder how different we would have looked with Gio out there.

Also, hypothetically if Jose doesn't fancy him then do we walk away from the purchase? That means we would have paid £15m for this season loan and let a £50-60m player leave that we could buy for £40m in the summer. Doesn't sound good business.

I'm still hoping he becomes a Jose favourite, and think he will.

Ndombele fits better into José regular tactics it seems. I imagine lo Celso could play alli role or as muttley says and I agree I could see him on the right side. There will be different tactical setups at times and injuries and I hope he gets his chance. I wouldn’t blame him or the manager if he decides to leave, he looks good but there are plenty of fish in the sea. And although he is injured a lot we have Lamela who is a similar player from what Iv seen so far

None of it makes sense to me. I have no clue why Gio isn't getting more game time. I thought Sissoko got the opportunity that Lo Celso should have got at the weekend. Whist Sissoko did OK, just makes me wonder how different we would have looked with Gio out there.

Also, hypothetically if Jose doesn't fancy him then do we walk away from the purchase? That means we would have paid £15m for this season loan and let a £50-60m player leave that we could buy for £40m in the summer. Doesn't sound good business.

I'm still hoping he becomes a Jose favourite, and think he will.

Who is he going to replace?

We are scoring goals for fun atm for the front 4 and winks contributing

Easy - Sissoko/Moura. Get Gio playing with Dele and Son and we'll be on fire. 16 goals and a bunch of assists in La Liga last season and a far superior touch and football brain.

Moura has a couple of goals/assists in 2 games and linking up well.

Sissoko I agree on

Who is he going to displace right now ?

I think I he is that good (potentially) he could play instead of Son, Lucas, Dier, Sissoko or Dele.....NOT saying that I wouldn't play Dele right now for example, but my point is I think he could adapt and fit in with any combination of midfield/attack and contribute. Hopefully this month he will get a few opportunities to show that....

Moura has a couple of goals/assists in 2 games and linking up well.

Sissoko I agree on

What is great is it is never going to be an easy choice. We have some great footballers and even our lesser ability players are stepping up. It is still up to Jose to give Gio the same chance that the others have got though. I think he'll be presently surprised as we play BM away, have the busy xmas schedule and go into the FA Cup game. That's when I think Gio will show his qualities.

What is great is it is never going to be an easy choice. We have some great footballers and even our lesser ability players are stepping up. It is still up to Jose to give Gio the same chance that the others have got though. I think he'll be presently surprised as we play BM away, have the busy xmas schedule and go into the FA Cup game. That's when I think Gio will show his qualities.

There won't be many teams that have the number of potential goalscorers we have.

Lo Celso is a top quality player, I'm not afraid to see take our time with him now. He'll get his chance to give Jose a headache.

We have had a Gio before and that didnt end well .

I'm not sure I believe the rumour Loco is unhappy already. I asked who he would displace right now and the way we are playing I cant think of anyone.

Eriksen and Moura are not currently in the first 11. Sissoko possibly but until the last game we thought he was a sub !!

We have had a Gio before and that didnt end well .

I'm not sure I believe the rumour Loco is unhappy already. I asked who he would displace right now and the way we are playing I cant think of anyone.

Eriksen and Moura are not currently in the first 11. Sissoko possibly but until the last game we thought he was a sub !!

Hopefully, Jose will do what he's always done and rotate, not play players into the ground. Lo Celso is capable of replacing just about anyone in our midfield at any time and could even replace Son and Moura in a different formation.

Quality is always needed when you can have so many games in such a short period of time - it was our lack of depth that cost us in Cup runs too many times in the past, but that can be all different now with the likes of N'Dombele and Lo Celso and others returning to form.

Last edited:
I keep saying this, but I'm pretty sure GLC is a loan with an obligation to buy in the Summer, and a discount if the move is made permanent early, in the Winter window.

Being the case, any talk of him not sticking around is silly.

I keep saying this, but I'm pretty sure GLC is a loan with an obligation to buy in the Summer, and a discount if the move is made permanent early, in the Winter window.

Being the case, any talk of him not sticking around is silly.

So out of interest, what's the discount in the winter window?

When we signed him in the summer I read that we had an obligation to buy only if we qualified for the Champions League this year.

I seem to recall reading option to buy for 27 million in January

Must buy for 35 million in summer if we get top 4

Option to buy in summer for 35 if not in top 4