Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread

A star is born.

During his 86 minutes on the pitch, Lo Celso touched the ball more times (100) and made more tackles (five) than any other player on the pitch, while he won the ball back eight times. He made 79 passes with an accuracy of 90%.

A masterclass. Additionally, Lo Celso doesn't wait to figure out who's man it is to shut down. He just does it habitually. He also spends the rest of the time when not on the ball finding space to get on the ball. That attitude after what we've seen this season was refreshing. His passing and a couple of his dummies and back heals were also highly entertaining not to mention the finish.

I've often said that we bought well this last summer for the few deals we closed. We need 3 or 4 more of that quality. This is where Hitchen builds his reputation as we can never buy the finished article and he has to identify these players.

A star is born.

During his 86 minutes on the pitch, Lo Celso touched the ball more times (100) and made more tackles (five) than any other player on the pitch, while he won the ball back eight times. He made 79 passes with an accuracy of 90%.

Kid has the goods Don....I saw it in the few damn minutes we have seen him.

Now let's watch as MP naffing screws it all up...he better now. This kid needs to start!!!

Lo Celso looked better when he was central, at times it was an incredible B2B display.

I hope we dont play him on the wing, between him and Ndombele we have 2 incredible players who can turn defence to attack.

It's obvious what we need to do. Put a DM in the middle of them two. We need to buy one and stop pretending Winks and Sissoko are that guy.

I really think Dier can hold that spot until Neves (wishful thinking) arrives. Give these 3 a run of 4-5 games and watch the magic happens.

A star is born.

Wow !

Not a bad first start is it ?

It's obvious what we need to do. Put a DM in the middle of them two. We need to buy one and stop pretending Winks and Sissoko are that guy.
This. It wont be Neves as someone justly wishes. I'm hoping its Zakaria and Not Rabiot (who I keep hearing would now lower himself to spurs) who is another hybrid like Winks.

The first and most obvious comparison to Erisken was of course the level of effort, which was fukin embarrassing for the Dane, AND for Poch for letting us watch that bullshit for so long.

Defensively he was fantastic. What a breath of fresh air to see a couple/few of our players truly playing box to box. Loved it.

Wants the ball, wants to play the ball, and see's the game. Thought he was pretty sharp on the kicks, and had just enough of a bit of nasty to keep the opponents honest.

Makes Erisken look like a pussy.

The first and most obvious comparison to Erisken was of course the level of effort, which was fukin embarrassing for the Dane, AND for Poch for letting us watch that bullshit for so long.

Defensively he was fantastic. What a breath of fresh air to see a couple/few of our players truly playing box to box. Loved it.

Wants the ball, wants to play the ball, and see's the game. Thought he was pretty sharp on the kicks, and had just enough of a bit of nasty to keep the opponents honest.

Makes Erisken look like a pussy.

Eriksen either takes the bait and fights for his place or fades away, it's up to him. Thing is, maybe Loco is just a better player.

Eriksen either takes the bait and fights for his place or fades away, it's up to him. Thing is, maybe Loco is just a better player.

Impossible to know yet, being Erisken is currently 1/100th of what he's been for us.

At his best, the two could make quite a formidable pair in the ACM. Experienced mentor alongside The Future.

I think you'll find Eriksen made his mind up about 12 months ago, he hasn't fought for his place for one minute since.

We all know that Poch humours the little **** and keeps picking him and buttering him up in the press as he believes they'll both end up in the white of Madrid.

I think you'll find Eriksen made his mind up about 12 months ago, he hasn't fought for his place for one minute since.

We all know that Poch humours the little **** and keeps picking him and buttering him up in the press as he believes they'll both end up in the white of Madrid.

Yabbut things have DRAMATICALLY changed for him, he was in an arrogant lookin down spot, and has fallen into a ravine where no one wants to know his name.

Once Barca pulled out, that was the last one, and the most likely unfortunately for him. At least we were dealing with them.

He's got nothing now. He's been branded "Un-Galactico" a death knell in that pursuit, the worlds greatest player has questioned his value, and the rumors that his wife is riding his teammate had to hurt.

So he faces The Great Test.

Certainly failing it so far, but there's a little time to save himself.

Doesn't matter that he's free, if he's a piece of shit footballer nobody's gonna want him around. And if he ends thi season with the brand of "locker room poison" well he could be untouchable by any team worth considering.

I know of 5 big league teams that wouldn't even entertain the idea of signing him in his current state.

Poch is giving him more than a fair opportunity to show some fukin ballz.

He's failing

Yabbut things have DRAMATICALLY changed for him, he was in an arrogant lookin down spot, and has fallen into a ravine where no one wants to know his name.

Once Barca pulled out, that was the last one, and the most likely unfortunately for him. At least we were dealing with them.

He's got nothing now. He's been branded "Un-Galactico" a death knell in that pursuit, the worlds greatest player has questioned his value, and the rumors that his wife is riding his teammate had to hurt.

So he faces The Great Test.

Certainly failing it so far, but there's a little time to save himself.

Doesn't matter that he's free, if he's a piece of shit footballer nobody's gonna want him around. And if he ends thi season with the brand of "locker room poison" well he could be untouchable by any team worth considering.

I know of 5 big league teams that wouldn't even entertain the idea of signing him in his current state.

Poch is giving him more than a fair opportunity to show some fukin ballz.

He's failing

The question is....can he drag himself out of this
mire ? Do we want him to ?.

The question is....can he drag himself out of this
mire ? Do we want him to ?.

If he returned to his form a season and a half ago? Why wouldn't we want him to, he's got serious competition for his place for the first time, and so he won't be able to let it down. IF he were to knuckle down, prove himself to being stronger than he currently appears, and realize his football future is ruined unless he does, that'd be more valuable than anything we could get in the transfer market for free.

If he returned to his form a season and a half ago? Why wouldn't we want him to, he's got serious competition for his place for the first time, and so he won't be able to let it down. IF he were to knuckle down, prove himself to being stronger than he currently appears, and realize his football future is ruined unless he does, that'd be more valuable than anything we could get in the transfer market for free.

I would love him to come good. He had a stomach injury and problem before it . I think he was playing through it for a while. He doesn't seem to strike the ball like he used to. I'm not making excuses for him, just trying to come up with possible reasons. To implode like he has doesn't make sense .
If he was playing shite deliberately , I would want him gone for disrespecting the supporters.

When managers and players cross a certain line that's curtains for me. No way back. Couldn't careless if he scores 15 plus goals this season I want him out of the club asap.

He has shown his true colours. He has done it once he would just do it again.

I would love him to come good. He had a stomach injury and problem before it . I think he was playing through it for a while. He doesn't seem to strike the ball like he used to. I'm not making excuses for him, just trying to come up with possible reasons. To implode like he has doesn't make sense .
If he was playing shite deliberately , I would want him gone for disrespecting the supporters.

Why he has imploded is absolutely the right question. Why has the football pitch stopped being the ultimate happy place for Christian? Is his cognitive function and energy being impacted by something medical like depression or is it pure bad attitude or injury based. Right now, unless someone speaks up we can only assume that he just needs removing from the team and ultimately moved on, so we can move on.