Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread

Jose may say he likes what he has currently at Spurs...but I guarantee he has been watching us and already has in mind plenty of options that he wants to bring in to make this 'his team'.

I am excited to see who he tries to go after.

I'm still on the side that GLC will be sensational for Spurs. Probably more than Ndombele if Im honest. The loan deal was just designed to reduce PSG's sell on fee so I'm guessing we should just treat him as a permanent fixture.

More dynamic than Winks, but I also felt that with 2 protecting centre mids and him and Aurier on that right hand side could be lethal. I wasn't as impressed as some with Moura yesterday. His first touch was dodgy, he kept turning into cul de sacs and I think his output could be higher. With Dele doing so much of his good work in the left channel, I'm wondering whether having Lo Celso's talents working the right gives us a different dimension.

I'm still on the side that GLC will be sensational for Spurs. Probably more than Ndombele if Im honest. The loan deal was just designed to reduce PSG's sell on fee so I'm guessing we should just treat him as a permanent fixture.

More dynamic than Winks, but I also felt that with 2 protecting centre mids and him and Aurier on that right hand side could be lethal. I wasn't as impressed as some with Moura yesterday. His first touch was dodgy, he kept turning into cul de sacs and I think his output could be higher. With Dele doing so much of his good work in the left channel, I'm wondering whether having Lo Celso's talents working the right gives us a different dimension.

My initial read on Lo Celso is he needs to play centrally.

I think Son, Dele and Kane will be his automatic picks in the attacking areas. After that I think it's anything goes.

I often think we could cause opposition a lot more stress, with someone more dynamic and able to impose a sustained threat, for longer than one half of a match than Alli.

I often think we could cause opposition a lot more stress, with someone more dynamic and able to impose a sustained threat, for longer than one half of a match than Alli.

What we are going to see is more rotation with Jose, plenty of room for both

I am struggling to see where Ndombele is going to fit in unless he learns discipline.

Well you better get used to it Rich. Dele is here to stay as Jose see's him as our star player.

What we are going to see is more rotation with Jose, plenty of room for both

I wouldn't expect anything less from a new manager than his full support towards the players he has inherited and vice versa. What remains to be seen, is whether Jose can identify areas where we can maximise what we bring onto the pitch, and be all that we can be.

I think Son, Dele and Kane will be his automatic picks in the attacking areas. After that I think it's anything goes.

I agree but personally I think it should only be Kane.

Son & Dele are both known to be inconsistent with form (as is Moura & Eriksen) so I'd rather the 3 that are on form to be playing. At the moment that has to be Son, Dele & Moura.

Early days but zero mins under Jose so far

It is early days. I personally believe that early onslaught would have been more manageable with GLC on the pitch last night in that right channel. Moura was a total passenger and always is when it happens. He showed some great intensity of play in the 2 games he did start for us.

Like it or not Lo is a Poch signing. Jose just might not rate him.

Up to the lad to show him and the fans he has what it takes.

I'm intrigued to know if he is still interested in staying long term. He may have changed his mind now Poch has gone.

I'm intrigued to know if he is still interested in staying long term. He may have changed his mind now Poch has gone.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see him start today with United in the week

The intriguing thing is that it's probably easier to accommodate Lo Celso than Eriksen in a Jose setup. I still say that disguised behind the good results is the Moura problem. He has a goal and an assist so far in 2 games, but he's still playing U10's football. I'd have Lo Celso tucking in and allowing Aurier to overlap. We'd then have another play maker in the side.

The good news for Jose is that he has the away BM game, the Xmas fixture pile up and then the FA Cup in the next 6 weeks. That will give him a chance to have a look at some other players.

They just had an interview with him on sky and he didn’t look happy, nor could he speak English (hey I can’t speak Portuguese) but I wonder if that’s an issue with the rest of the players.

They just had an interview with him on sky and he didn’t look happy, nor could he speak English (hey I can’t speak Portuguese) but I wonder if that’s an issue with the rest of the players.

My assumption that after 4 months, Gio's language skills are probably better than he is giving on. There's one thing interacting with team mates in training and matches. It's a completely different thing doing interviews in a second language. Let's hope he's well on his way to being comfortable with English.

I noticed Jose did say that him and Tanguy were good signings.