Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread

Why he has imploded is absolutely the right question. Why has the football pitch stopped being the ultimate happy place for Christian? Is his cognitive function and energy being impacted by something medical like depression or is it pure bad attitude or injury based. Right now, unless someone speaks up we can only assume that he just needs removing from the team and ultimately moved on, so we can move on.

His poor attitude and form is probably down to a few things.

1. Jan smashing his wife.
2. He didn't get his move which he badly wanted.
3. Lost interest in the project. Approaching 7 years with no trophy, it's understandable.
4. Not the strongest mentally.

The more you analyse the situation it's easier to understand why he has fallen like he has.

Well it is obvious why he and we are trophy less...he does not have the winning mentality I recall many on here saying how over the years, even when 'wanting' to wear the shirt and showing great things....he never or rarley turned up in the big games which really mattered...there is the rub of the green. Time for him to move to Mansfield. anyway this is the Lo Celso thread is it not?

Wasn't the Jan rumour started on twitter by an Arsenal fan?!

Feels like the Lamela banned for cocaine possession thing all over again. Some people just want to believe negative bs about our players.

When managers and players cross a certain line that's curtains for me. No way back. Couldn't careless if he scores 15 plus goals this season I want him out of the club asap.

He has shown his true colours. He has done it once he would just do it again.

What line has he crossed? How do you know? No question his game has been affected by events, but what exactly are those events? Alot of spurious supposition abounding, and forming any reasonable opinion based on football-tabloid fake news is troublesome.

Obviously he's not right, and he's currently more of a liability on the pitch, than an asset. However, there's a whole crew of peeps that know more than you and I about the situation, and none of them are saying neg things. Least not that I've heard, and I HAVE been asking.

Please don't misunderstand, if he never played for Spurs again, I really wouldn't much care. I have defended his alue to squad a TON on here, and have no qualms about that. However, this current version of the player is not good, and the combo of Dele/Lamela/GLC/Lucas and the likely addition of Fernandes, makes CE an unneccessary squad squatter.

Purely on footballing reasons, not based upon some conjecture about behind the scenes stuff that's most likely fake.

I thought he done well to be honest and was probably our only bright spark, with a fully functioning on form team he will be special.

What line has he crossed? How do you know? No question his game has been affected by events, but what exactly are those events? Alot of spurious supposition abounding, and forming any reasonable opinion based on football-tabloid fake news is troublesome.

Obviously he's not right, and he's currently more of a liability on the pitch, than an asset. However, there's a whole crew of peeps that know more than you and I about the situation, and none of them are saying neg things. Least not that I've heard, and I HAVE been asking.

Please don't misunderstand, if he never played for Spurs again, I really wouldn't much care. I have defended his alue to squad a TON on here, and have no qualms about that. However, this current version of the player is not good, and the combo of Dele/Lamela/GLC/Lucas and the likely addition of Fernandes, makes CE an unneccessary squad squatter.

Purely on footballing reasons, not based upon some conjecture about behind the scenes stuff that's most likely fake.

So you think he has been giving 100% over the last 10 months? His performances and body language on the pitch show a player that has lost interest. Stats show he is a player that has simply downed tools.

As for those events we know for a fact he wanted to leave this summer. He even said so himself. So he is clearly not happy about that.

The Super Jan smashing his wife rumour could be BS. I have been bugging my contact over it and he said he can't say anything on that rumour but said things could be better between them. So feck knows what that means.

7 years of playing for Spurs with no trophy to show for it. It's natural a player will lose some interest at this point.

I get why he has dropped form but I won't tolerate any spurs player jogging and mopping around the pitch. That is crossing the line. You can pretend that hasn't happened like our manager or you can call the player out on it.

So you think he has been giving 100% over the last 10 months? His performances and body language on the pitch show a player that has lost interest. Stats show he is a player that has simply downed tools..........

......I get why he has dropped form but I won't tolerate any spurs player jogging and mopping around the pitch. That is crossing the line. You can pretend that hasn't happened like our manager or you can call the player out on it.

I honestly DO NOT think, that Eriksen get's on the pitch in a match, and then doesn't try to do well. Or spends his time on the pitch aloof, and without care. In fact under the circumstances I think the truth is the polar opposite. I think he is VERY concerned about his own form, and he IS trying to perform better, his future depends upon it, all the time.

Now, what that looks like to us, different story, but I've spent more hours of my life on a football pitch working with players than I have slept so far, and I'm just not buying this concept from a pro like Eriksen.

Dude has "The Yips" plain and simple. Ask Tiger Woods about it.

If you want to call out players jogging, walking back, and not seeming to give a fuken shit, then give Serge some stick, because last match, if I were Poch, I woulda taken him back into the dressing room and lopped his head off.

I'm ambivalent about Eriksen's future with Spurs now. IF he could regain his form of a couple seasons ago, he'd be a great option. However, in his current state, I'd rather see him off, if we can get another ( like Fernandes) to fill the hole at the spot.

I've got nothing against players with ambition, it all depends upon how they go about it. Although a fair bit has been out of his control, his manifested response is certainly disappointing.

Not seen enough yet . From what I have seen he is not a game changer but a decent player

Your sample size is NOWHERE near large enough to form any really valuable opinion whatsoever. Yet.

, on the other hand, have seen enough, and can confidently say he IS a game changer, and much more than just a "decent" player.

Your sample size is NOWHERE near large enough to form any really valuable opinion whatsoever. Yet.

, on the other hand, have seen enough, and can confidently say he IS a game changer, and much more than just a "decent" player.

I am going on the fact that he has not changed any game for us yet. He was decent in Europe . Not bad on Saturday but never did anything game changing. In the other games he has played he has not changed anything. I have not seen anything that makes me think he can be a game changer like Gazza was . That is what I call a game changer

Was wondering yesterday what does the near term future look like for Gio?

Jose went with a 4-2-3-1 with Moura, Son and Dele in the attacking roles behind Kane. We then saw the Dier and Wink double axis form. Lastly, it's clear that Dele is the man.

Does leave you wondering where Gio fits in a Jose system.

Was wondering yesterday what does the near term future look like for Gio?

Jose went with a 4-2-3-1 with Moura, Son and Dele in the attacking roles behind Kane. We then saw the Dier and Wink double axis form. Lastly, it's clear that Dele is the man.

Does leave you wondering where Gio fits in a Jose system.

In this formation there is only one position I see him playing at. CM so that means Winks would get dropped.

Might be a blessing we only got him in on loan.

In this formation there is only one position I see him playing at. CM so that means Winks would get dropped.

I think we should bin him off

It’s really really wound me up he’s picked up knocks on international duty whilst trying to settle at a new club.

Get fernades in - as you said we don’t need a raft of AMs

We have stacked too many CMs over the years and tried to play them all over the pitch, there are some hard decisions to be made. With Eriksen leaving, we still need to sell 2 of Lamela, Sissoko, Winks & GLC.

I'd keep GLC as he is a much better footballer than the rest, Winks as a squad player, and have Ndombele/GLC rotate the CM position, or even form a 3 man midfield with Dier as pivot when Dele rests.