Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread

His best games have all come from a deeper CM position.

Having said that I would rather him in the side than Sissoko or Lucas. So if he is played as an AM then so be it.

I don't think Jose's 4-2-3-1 system fits him too well. In this formation he can either play next to a DM or as part of the front 3, which I agree wouldn't be his best position.

I watched City last night and their formation got me thinking that we could absolutely play that. Silva and KDB in the mid 3 with Rodri are just a joy to watch, and I believe that GLC and N'dombele can play a similar role. We would be transitioning from defence to attack in lightning speed.

Unfortunately that won't happen Jose is pretty damn locked on his formation, but I wish I could watch our team give this a try.

Before Jose turned up, Lo Celso had shown up well in a couple of games and had been deserving of more starts under Poch. He was unselfishly working for the team, pressing hard and showing some great qualities on the ball.

Jose has basically got him to do a reset and stuck with players that he knew from his time in the Prem plus his punditry work. I'm sort of thinking that it's been the same for the lesser known quantities of Foyth, Sessegnon and KWP.

Whether it's fair or unfair, that's just the way it is with new managers. It's probably what Redknapp did when he pitched up all those years ago.

That being said, based on the shit show from Moura, Sissoko and to a lesser extent, Winks last night, it's now time to give Ndombele and Lo Celso a higher priority in the setup.

Before Jose turned up, Lo Celso had shown up well in a couple of games and had been deserving of more starts under Poch. He was unselfishly working for the team, pressing hard and showing some great qualities on the ball.

Jose has basically got him to do a reset and stuck with players that he knew from his time in the Prem plus his punditry work. I'm sort of thinking that it's been the same for the lesser known quantities of Foyth, Sessegnon and KWP.

Whether it's fair or unfair, that's just the way it is with new managers. It's probably what Redknapp did when he pitched up all those years ago.

That being said, based on the shit show from Moura, Sissoko and to a lesser extent, Winks last night, it's now time to give Ndombele and Lo Celso a higher priority in the setup.

Did we win those games?

Did we win those games?

Well I'm sure you already know the answer but I'll tell you anyway. We beat Red Star 4-0 and Lo Celso scored. He was then one of only a couple of bright sparks in the Sheff Utd draw.

Perhaps he's our only undefeated starter this season :-)

If he is nailing it in training he will force his way in. Jose cant be seeing enough from him yet.

Our set up was wrong against Utd but I would have played Ndombele , Winks and Dier in MF with Loco replacing the inevitable tired Ndombele after 60 odd minutes.

Keep up the good work lad.

I really like this lad. He is a mix of Eriksen and Scott Parker.

If we don't sign anyone then at least get this deal done.

As Jose said, he is getting used to PL football. He is also getting used to his teammates and them to him. Played very well. On the clubs website they have put together a montage of his best bits against Norwich.

What a player, knew he would turn good if regularly played.

Thought he was a gonna a few weeks ago to be honest.

He's actually surprised me in CM though, thought he would be a little lightweight for a while but he ain't afraid to get involved.

Seen a load of "send him back in January" comments and a Twitter thread about how he's overrated. Barely had a sniff and when he has its usually because everyone is playing like shit, so hard for him to get on a positive wavelength with no support.

Same bunch now praising him to the heavens this morning; it's great to see how patient our fans are with new signings.

What a player, knew he would turn good if regularly played.

Thought he was a gonna a few weeks ago to be honest.

He's actually surprised me in CM though, thought he would be a little lightweight for a while but he ain't afraid to get involved.

I cannot wait to see him and N'Domebele and Fernandes playing together. Poch will have a little weep when he see's it.

Last edited: