Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

Giovani Lo Celso - Player Thread

I'd only give ND a chance if he opts to pay the club 100 grand a week for OUR services, i.e., another opportunity.

Seriously though, the sooner the guy moves on the quicker we can look to replenish.

As for Lo Celso, I'd be over the moon if 1) he can stay fit and 2) continue on his new found trejectory. While Maddi is out, it really has given him the platform to shine and with Son off to Asia, Kulu can perhaps be evaluated on the front left.

I must admit though, I have noticed LoCo, as well as Maddi (as Kane used to also), they go looking for the ball as they know they have the primary responsibility of instigating our attacks.

Yeah, when Kane was younger. It's when he stopped doing it was when his assists fell through the floor. 38 games played and barely subbed, yet only got 3 assists in the PL last season.

Madds (890 mins = 9 game) has 5 assists
Gio (412 mins = 4 games) has 2 assists

The one that could do better s Kulu with 2 assists. Saying that he should be on 6 or 7 assists but for poor finishing. He has laid the chances on.

I'm so glad we have these industrious AMs / no10s nowadays.

I'm past Ndom now though. Even if he comes back, I don't think he'll be an asset. He could easily upset the culture of this group. We just need to put it down to experience and get him out of our club.

Yeah, when Kane was younger. It's when he stopped doing it was when his assists fell through the floor. 38 games played and barely subbed, yet only got 3 assists in the PL last season.
Sorry to bring Kane in to the discussion, but my point and comparisons were for Kane going deeper to look for the ball. Apart from the assists, he was still pinging those cross-field sublime crosses to initiate our attacks. The turgid build ups from the back and midfield would've got us no where. With so many players injured, the old guard are still turgid and suicidal. So I am pleased to see Lo Celso taking the responsibility by hunting for the ball and advancing us, as was Maddi earlier this season. Kulu when playing the 10 role is another example.

EDIT: yes, agree we need to see more assists from them.

Sorry to bring Kane in to the discussion, but my point and comparisons were for Kane going deeper to look for the ball. Apart from the assists, he was still pinging those cross-field sublime crosses to initiate our attacks. The turgid build ups from the back and midfield would've got us no where. With so many players injured, the old guard are still turgid and suicidal. So I am pleased to see Lo Celso taking the responsibility by hunting for the ball and advancing us, as was Maddi earlier this season. Kulu when playing the 10 role is another example.

EDIT: yes, agree we need to see more assists from them.

lol - when Madds stops and admires his passes and stand there like a lemon, then we'll know we're back in trouble :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: