Gio - Red Card or No Red Card? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gio - Red Card or No Red Card?

There was an incident a little while ago when ,,if viewed In slow motion , the sending off didnt look anywhere near as bad as in normal motion .
In that incident , Peter Walton was putting in his twopennorth , obviously backing up the on field ref , and said that such tackles should NOT be viewed in slow motion as it gives a different perspective.,Now he is saying after seeing Gio tackle in slow motion he has changed his mind . !!!!
I’m sure that incident was one of our sending offs ? Anyone remember ?

There was an incident a little while ago when ,,if viewed In slow motion , the sending off didnt look anywhere near as bad as in normal motion .
In that incident , Peter Walton was putting in his twopennorth , obviously backing up the on field ref , and said that such tackles should NOT be viewed in slow motion as it gives a different perspective.,Now he is saying after seeing Gio tackle in slow motion he has changed his mind . !!!!
I’m sure that incident was one of our sending offs ? Anyone remember ?

I can't personally remember but it highlights the biggest issue with VAR and refs at the moment. No consistency and adjusting the parameters of VAR through reaction rather than pro-action. If they had sent off Lo Celso, we could easily compile a video montage of the exact same incident from different matches this season where a red wasn't given and no statement was released later in the game saying it should have been.

There are plenty of times this season where particular incidents have triggered inquests in to VAR. How precise the offside decisions are being the biggest one. How many of our goals this season have been disallowed because our player was a skin-cell offside, but then they don't properly look into Giroud's open against us in the same detail. It's far too frustrating and I am convinced that VAR is a totally failed experiment.