Gimmers' hour in Tesco. | Vital Football

Gimmers' hour in Tesco.

GRSGimmer

Vital Squad Member
Thought I would venture along during the dedicated old gits hour as I needed a food shop this morning. This is not knocking any of the supermarkets for trying to help the elderly and I like thousands of others have been unable to get a home delivery slot. My advice is if you are a gimmer not to bother. The entire store was very busy but hardly well stocked and was crawling at a snail's pace and you are probably better off venturing out at other times. I know they are doing their best so no criticism of Tesco but the carpark was overflowing with mobility scooters and the dedicated hour was not enforced as many customers were certainly not elderly and/or disabled. UTG.

Thought I would venture along during the dedicated old gits hour as I needed a food shop this morning. This is not knocking any of the supermarkets for trying to help the elderly and I like thousands of others have been unable to get a home delivery slot. My advice is if you are a gimmer not to bother. The entire store was very busy but hardly well stocked and was crawling at a snail's pace and you are probably better off venturing out at other times. I know they are doing their best so no criticism of Tesco but the carpark was overflowing with mobility scooters and the dedicated hour was not enforced as many customers were certainly not elderly and/or disabled. UTG.

I did the oldies one at Sainsbury's on Monday. It was very well organised and ‘policed’. Strictly 30 in / 30 out.
The 7:30-8 Nobby types was access only with NHS or police id etc and the 8-9 section was only oldies.

I went to the local Aldi just before it closed last night at 8pm, fruit was in plentiful supply including bananas, all the veg was on display, also toilet paper and wet wipes, in fact everything I wanted was there bar the chops and only four or five other shoppers, one checkout and two people in front of me.

Did you take the Anglia ?

I did the oldies one at Sainsbury's on Monday. It was very well organised and ‘policed’. Strictly 30 in / 30 out.
The 7:30-8 Nobby types was access only with NHS or police id etc and the 8-9 section was only oldies.
I went to the M&S "Nobby types" event and, to my relief, was very civilised. I was dreading watching a load of old bill scrapping over toilet roll and hand gel. Would have been very embarrassing 😳

I went to the M&S "Nobby types" event and, to my relief, was very civilised. I was dreading watching a load of old bill scrapping over toilet roll and hand gel. Would have been very embarrassing 😳

Daughter done shop in Sainsbury and hubby done few odd bits in M n S,both said they congratulated both stores on their organisation,odd bit of stock missing,but they were very happy and our grandkids will be chuffed they got strawberries

Never mind the violence, what about the social distancing?

I was in our local Co-op not busy at all and a woman wanted to pass me but hesitated. I squeezed up against the plum tomatoes but she still wouldn't pass. Instead she went down the next aisle and approached from the other end. And then she ended up standing two foot from me to pick up some cherry tomatoes. Stupid cow. Had she asked I would've chucked them at her.

I was in our local Co-op not busy at all and a woman wanted to pass me but hesitated. I squeezed up against the plum tomatoes but she still wouldn't pass. Instead she went down the next aisle and approached from the other end. And then she ended up standing two foot from me to pick up some cherry tomatoes. Stupid cow. Had she asked I would've chucked them at her.

All I got from that was something about you squeezing her plum tomatoes.

Perhaps she didn't want your fingers touching her produce ? Hygiene etc..

Alternatively she might have thought you were a bit creepy ?
(You were afterall , very quick to defend Alex Salmond)

Yeah, but the “Nobby types” obviously all behaved when their spiritual leader entered the store.

Perhaps she didn't want your fingers touching her produce ? Hygiene etc..

Alternatively she might have thought you were a bit creepy ?
(You were afterall , very quick to defend Alex Salmond)
I never defended Alex Salmond; in fact, I passed no opinion on the verdict only the facts. That you still consider him guilty* is your problem and I suspect you have no knowledge of the facts surrounding the case.

*your tongue-in-cheek assumption that the women lied

I never defended Alex Salmond; in fact, I passed no opinion on the verdict only the facts. That you still consider him guilty* is your problem and I suspect you have no knowledge of the facts surrounding the case.

*your tongue-in-cheek assumption that the women lied
😉