Gimmer's Friday trivia (Easy). Non-Brexit. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Gimmer's Friday trivia (Easy). Non-Brexit.

Spot on. He did well at Sunderland, but a Sheffield Utd supporting mate of mine said he was a total liability whilst he was there. He was infuriating in so much as when he broke into the GFC team he looked a genuine prospect destined for bigger and better things. In season 04/05 he was terrible at right back - responsible for losing the ball instead of hoofing it forward to relieve the danger and gifting a second goal to Derby in our 2-0 defeat there but at QPR late on in the season we were winning 1-0 when bugger me, he did exactly the same thing and they equalised (Paul Furlong) right near the end of the game. 3 points from that game would have kept us in the Championship.

I always believed that Nyron was a brilliant athlete without a football brain.

He always had a mistake in him but some times his athleticism got him out of it. Some times. disastrously for us and his other clubs, it didn't.

For me he was an exciting and entertaining player to watch. Players brave enough to take people on, press on and make sharp runs are maybe more prone to mistakes but, on balance, I believe they make watching football more enjoyable. I`m very pleased for Nyron that he has had a successful career. Same with Matty Jarvis, really entertaining to watch - I wish there were more Nyron and Matty types playing for us or other L1 teams, as it makes the game, and entrance money, more worthwhile.