Gilmour | Page 3 | Vital Football

Gilmour

Best thing NCFC ever did when losers like Dorrans and Shittaker were swept out of the club. We need to do that again this summer with McCrap and Co.

Best thing NCFC ever did when losers like Dorrans and Shittaker were swept out of the club. We need to do that again this summer with McCrap and Co.
I read a piece on the poink un and they said there that the club aren't going to have a big over haul of the squad in the summer and it will remain much the same. in the same article they said Smith isn't to blame as the squad at his disposal wasn't his......so from what we have done under him with this squad hasn't been great does that mean next season it will be the same outcome? The article also stated that Smith prefers to play 4-2-3-1 - but he hasn't played that much, if at all since he came - because of the players he has, but he will have most of these players next season - doesn't add up.

I can't see them selling McLean as Gilmour, Normann, Rupp will all be gone. That would leaving us with Lees-Melou, Sorensen and McLean. If McLean was to go then the club would have to bring in 4 new midfielders which I can't see unless they are going to throw McAleer, Adshead and Gibbs in the 1st team and sign one new central midfielder. I would be happy if they all left and the young lads + 1 new one were given a go.

I read that McAlear has said his deal is up in summer and he'll decide what's best for him. I get the feeling we will lose him. The guy has been doing very well and there are calls for him to be getting international games.

Apparently we spent alot of money on him...Didn't we do that with other young Scottish players like mcgrandles and Fitzpatrick?

I hope we give him a chance. Looks the type of player we need in midfield

He managed 68 games for us!! He was just a nothing player, but managed 9 goals during that time. Was he a defensive midfielder - I really don't remember

I wouldnt classify him as a DM ...more like a player who you play alongside a DM, i.e. a CM

I read that McAlear has said his deal is up in summer and he'll decide what's best for him. I get the feeling we will lose him. The guy has been doing very well and there are calls for him to be getting international games.

I hope he gets a new contract! He's been scoring goals at a respectable rate for a CM. He's a big unit, over 6' 2" tall and he cost us £250,000

I hope he gets a new contract! He's been scoring goals at a respectable rate for a CM. He's a big unit, over 6' 2" tall and he cost us £250,000
Same here. He looks a good player. And what we need but I'm sure Smith will go with the poor melou, the poor McLean and the unfavourable Sorensen.

Adshead is back playing for u23s too maybe he'll be given a go.