Gills & Wimbledon - Joint XI | Vital Football

Gills & Wimbledon - Joint XI

MedwayModernist

Vital Squad Member
Alright ladies and gents.

So I've got two good mates at work who are both AFC Wimbledon fans, and seemingly as soon as I started my current job and therefore met the pair of them, that's when Gills and Wimbledon started almost exclusively trading in each others' players...

So, in the pub on Friday, we just thought we'd see whether we could knock up a joint XI over just the last 5 years or so, and it's ridiculous.

Keeper -

LB - Frampton
CB - Barrett
CB - Oshilaja
RB - Fuller

CM - Whelpdale
CM - Parrett
CM - Barcham

FW - Cody
FW - Kedwell
FW - Bayo

Subs - Gregory, Wagstaff

Any others?? Really annoyed we can't think of a keeper

Last edited:
A quick search has thrown up at least 6 others (including one of our current players), won't name them in case anyone wants to try and guess. None of them a keeper though.

Aaron Morris and Ryan Jackson. Can't believe we haven't had a keeper on loan that hasn't played for them at some point.

On the bench you could have Joe Piggott and Brunnen Dickenson.

Up front you also have Josh Parker and Rays Murphy, supported in midfield by Billy Knott and in defence by Matt Fish, Callus Kennedy

On the treatment table you could select Aaron Morris

Last edited:
Aaron Morris and Ryan Jackson. Can't believe we haven't had a keeper on loan that hasn't played for them at some point.

AFC Wimbledon have only been a league team for about 8 seasons so not necessarily surprising. If you include the team currently known as MK Dons then you might find someone who played for both thanks to someone being on loan for a couple of matches.

Oh, Rashid Yussuff was on our books but can't remember if he played for us beyond a Kent Senior Cup match.

Gavin Hoyte

Edit: or were you thinking of Andy Sambrook?

Edit edit: and also Connor Smith

Edit edit edit: Luis Cumbers

None of those. It was Billy Knott, although I'm sure he wasn't mentioned in your post above at the time you wrote it, it was only Dickenson and Pigott to start with wasn't it?

None of those. It was Billy Knott, although I'm sure he wasn't mentioned in your post above at the time you wrote it, it was only Dickenson and Pigott to start with wasn't it?

Yeah, but then I recalled him and Matt Fish and was probably in process of editing when you responded. There was still one name technically missing which is why I Googled all their former players and spotted the likes of Andy Sambrook. Aside from being at school with his brother Ben, wasn't he expected to be the Däck of the mid 90s before he buggered off to the US on a better deal?

Andy Sambrook was the son of one of the geography teachers at Rainham Mark when I was there, which is maybe why he decided on going to the US to get a better broader education than he'd get as a footballer in England. Given that he never quite made it is football maybe the right decision?

The list is pretty amazing given it's only the last few years. Enough for an 11v11 match pretty much.

That team in the OP isn’t a bad side on paper when they were all in their prime. Plenty of goals in it. No need for a keeper. Win them all 7-6 ?

Edit - Whelpdale there, but no Charlie Lee. Are AFC the only team they haven’t signed for together? I thought they were joined at the hip.

Alright ladies and gents.

So I've got two good mates at work who are both AFC Wimbledon fans, and seemingly as soon as I started my current job and therefore met the pair of them, that's when Gills and Wimbledon started almost exclusively trading in each others' players...

So, in the pub on Friday, we just thought we'd see whether we could knock up a joint XI over just the last 5 years or so, and it's ridiculous.

Any others?? Really annoyed we can't think of a keeper

Did your mates support the old Wimbledon? I wonder what they thought of Patrick Agyemang.

If I remember correctly, we got him cut price due to their money troubles at the time.

Did your mates support the old Wimbledon? I wonder what they thought of Patrick Agyemang.

If I remember correctly, we got him cut price due to their money troubles at the time.

Yeh they both did, and with them having watched the old Wombles in the prem and D1, and the new Wombles all the way up from the 9th tier to league 1, they've been to a metric shit tonne of football grounds between them!

With my original post, I was only thinking about the moves between ourselves and AFC over the last five or so years, because there have just been so so many.

I'd expect there'd be plenty more from back in the day.