Gills videos on YouTube | Vital Football

Gills videos on YouTube

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
Needing a football fix, I've spent the afternoon watching Gills videos on YouTube.

Started with the official club season review for Scally's first season 95/96, then the brief highlights of Gills v Halifax to secure league status in 92/93 before working my way through the truly excellent season reviews from Tyreac from 96/97 onwards.

The early to mid 90s stuff truly is another era, the legacy of the 80s looming large over the awful clothes and haircuts. Some of the suit jackets the players wore hurt my eyes.

I miss my Gillingham, should have been at Rotherham yesterday and MK Dons the week before, I was just starting to well and truly get the bug back too now I can take my daughter to games. I am thankful that I saw the greatest period in the club's history though, we had some amazing players at the end of the 90s.

I must admit this was the first season I decided to get a season ticket again after having 4/5 years off it. This season has reignited my love for the game and Gills in particular, largely due to the feelgood factor around the club, but also because no matter what the score at least we’ve ‘had a go’. I felt that’s what was lacking for a few years, we were just going through the motions and Saturday afternoons were becoming a chore.

Even losing with a few minutes left we’ve now got that ‘still a chance of scoring’ air about us. I think that’s all we can ask. Christ, if we wanted to win every game we’d be Liverpool fans (this year), city fans (last year) or Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal over the last 20 years.

Might have a look through YouTube for them vids Herr........

Needing a football fix, I've spent the afternoon watching Gills videos on YouTube.

Started with the official club season review for Scally's first season 95/96, then the brief highlights of Gills v Halifax to secure league status in 92/93 before working my way through the truly excellent season reviews from Tyreac from 96/97 onwards.

The early to mid 90s stuff truly is another era, the legacy of the 80s looming large over the awful clothes and haircuts. Some of the suit jackets the players wore hurt my eyes.

I miss my Gillingham, should have been at Rotherham yesterday and MK Dons the week before, I was just starting to well and truly get the bug back too now I can take my daughter to games. I am thankful that I saw the greatest period in the club's history though, we had some amazing players at the end of the 90s.

those videos are great, I love the 90’s era as that’s when the Gills bug really got me.