GILLS v WARSAW team is in, EEEEEEEEEEAVES on the bench COYG COYG | Page 3 | Vital Football

GILLS v WARSAW team is in, EEEEEEEEEEAVES on the bench COYG COYG

The Gills side didn't even get out of bed.
Eaves and Regan Charles-Cooke, maybe list were the only interested players and two of those were subs.
Why do we have defenders who can't challenge for the ball?

Someone went away with the match ball today and he practically stole it. Three gift wrapped chances and he gratefully took them. Utter pap from us till it was all effectively over.

Report from Swansea scout: Give the lads the week off.

SL had a game plan, leave Cook (their leading scorer) unmarked and hope it put him off his game, it didn't work so we need yet another new plan.
I got cold for nothing, the team owe me one.

Well, well, we had 62% of the play, more shots than them, Holy hadn't got a shot to save, yet we lost 3-0!

Two poor teams, the difference was Matt Jarvis who turned our defence inside out, creating the goals, and poor marking to give their bloke free headers. Need Ehmer back pronto.

Regan Cooke and Hanlan looked lively when they came on, why won't he play them from the start!!

' Regan Cooke and Hanlan looked lively when they came on, why won't he play them from the start!! '

I'm not convinced about either tbh.
Both come across as one-trick ponies.They are not the answer.

My question of the day was who was meant to be marking Cook? Whoever it was no manager can defend a player that allows so many chances. He had a free header from a wide ish area in or near the six yard box before the opening goal .

Cook was just too hot to handle and burnt our defence.

Ok, pathetic attempts at humour may be out of place just now but it's that or weep.

The pattern for losing at home is slow start, dont close down the flanks, let in shite goals either header from a cross or shot from edge of the box. Second half look like a different and better team but have left it with too much to do.
Games we win at home we are at it from the first minute.

Watching the goals it looks like different players at fault for each one.

This two poor teams rubbish drives me nuts. Gills were poor. Walsall beat us. They out muscled us all over the park and bossed us about. Walsall were not a poor team. They were an agressive, team who imposed their game plan on us.
To say two poor teams is a verbal device to make Gills sound worse than they were.
Gills were physicaly intimidated (fairly most of the time) out of the game.

'they out muscled us all over the park'. Wrong, the stats prove we had more possession and more shots than them. The difference was individual mistakes; Ogilvie was at fault for the 1st and 3rd goals and Holy was poor also. God knows who was suppose to be marking the bloke for the 2nd goal. We need Ehmer back, Ogilvie's not good enough.
Thought Walsall were one of the poorer teams seen at Priestfield. Bradford were a better footballing side and we beat them 4-0. Difference being they didn't take their chances and we did that day.