Gills v Charlton 1974 | Vital Football

Gills v Charlton 1974

Around that time-ish ,does anyone remember an away game at the Valley , it was 2-2 or 3-2 , I cant remember.
18,000 crowd there that night.

If you haven't done it already cast your vote in Gills best ever keeper poll .At present it is very close so every vote is important.

Around that time-ish ,does anyone remember an away game at the Valley , it was 2-2 or 3-2 , I cant remember.
18,000 crowd there that night.
I remember the away game in '75, an evening game. It finished 1-1, I think it was Peter Feeley's first goal for us. I remember after he scored, loads of Charlton fans ran at us (before segregation)where we were standing behind the goal and we all ran and went tumbling down the terracing.

I remember the away game in '75, an evening game. It finished 1-1, I think it was Peter Feeley's first goal for us. I remember after he scored, loads of Charlton fans ran at us (before segregation)where we were standing behind the goal and we all ran and went tumbling down the terracing.
Almost. We lost 2 1 after Feely had put us ahead iirc. I also remember the violence. I think someone was stabbed a few yards behind me. Big crowd, about 18000 and foggy I think. I still have the programme.

HampshireGills post says Gills v Charlton. That would be the home game, not one of the infamous away games.

1974/75 Season:

31st August, home lost 0-1 (9,636)
1975, 28th February lost 2-1 (18,730) Feely for us

Almost. We lost 2 1 after Feely had put us ahead iirc. I also remember the violence. I think someone was stabbed a few yards behind me. Big crowd, about 18000 and foggy I think. I still have the programme.
I stand corrected 58. Just looked it up on scrapbook. I shouldn't have relied on my fading memory and yes there were 18,730 at the Valley that night.

Actually, thinking about it, as it was Charlton fans I reckon someone was poked with a pencil and hit over the head with a copy of Trainspotting Weekly.