Gills stuff | Vital Football

Gills stuff

ME8_Gills

Vital Reserves Team
Whilst viewing a house yesterday (possibly someone on here) there was a Gills team picture at Wembley celebrating the 2009 play-off victory over Shrewsbury in the downstairs loo. I used to have a picture of the old Town End from 1995 in my downstairs loo where my mates would pee and look for themselves in the pic, like a Where's Wally. My son has a Gills scarf up in his bedroom.
Any of you lot got any Gills stuff hanging up around the house?

ME7 - signed centenary 2013 Championship winning shirt hanging proudly in the hallway ohhh and in the garden a Gillingham Priestfield Road sign on the garage wall ?

A signed shirt from a few seasons ago that is still in my wardrobe and yet to frame. Not strictly Gills but I've got Bobby Robsons 'What is a club in any case?' quote which sums up perfectly my experiences of first going to Gills in 1993.

Not me but there's a house in Grange Road that I've delivered to a few times that had a bit of the old Rainham End terrace cemented in by their front door. Would love to have something like that.

I've got a bit of the Gills turf in my lawn which somehow found itself in my hand after the pitch invasion when we beat Bolton in the last match of the 1986/87 season. Wonder if PS will want to buy it back next time we relay the pitch? ?

I've a got a signed team shirt from Martin Allen's League 2 winning season on my bedroom wall - a present from my son Tom. Very generous of him, considering I've lumbered him with supporting GFC!

ME7 - signed centenary 2013 Championship winning shirt hanging proudly in the hallway ohhh and in the garden a Gillingham Priestfield Road sign on the garage wall ?

Yep, got one of those too. Mine's also got Mad Dog's signature on it which I understand was a bit hard to get.

In my garden I’ve got the actual slab I stood on from the Rainham End for the PNE play off game. (I counted it back from a certain crush barrier so I know it’s that one). On that day I collected it I also had to get one for the guvnor of a pub in Rochester and a third one for a Gills fan in Sweden which I took to his Nans in Strood. They’re ridiculously heavy and three of them nearly killed my old Montego. Incidentally the pub in Rochester is now closed. I hope the slab is still there. It had yellow paint on it as the landlord of the pub was always getting stewards on his case for standing in the ‘gangways’.

There is a splendid and very large Gills flag on a pole outside a house Upchurch way.

I believe they are former directors, the estate agents. It stands at the top of Horsham hill on the right, as you go to Upchurch from Gillingham

I have a lot of miserable memories. Some good memories, but mostly miserable. Nothing on the walls at home, just when you look at my face!

Whilst viewing a house yesterday (possibly someone on here) there was a Gills team picture at Wembley celebrating the 2009 play-off victory over Shrewsbury in the downstairs loo. I used to have a picture of the old Town End from 1995 in my downstairs loo where my mates would pee and look for themselves in the pic, like a Where's Wally. My son has a Gills scarf up in his bedroom.
Any of you lot got any Gills stuff hanging up around the house?
My daughter worked for a tile company for a while and discovered they suplied the Gills when the Main Stand was built. On discovering her family were Gills, they presented her with a Gills motif tile that now sits proudly on my living room shelf.

Beat that for class! :-)

Football on display signed by the team when Ian Cox was playing, cannot remember year. Did have a gills program late sixties (the little ones) on display mentioning me scoring six goals in a few minutes for supporters club five a side lol.

My daughter worked for a tile company for a while and discovered they suplied the Gills when the Main Stand was built. On discovering her family were Gills, they presented her with a Gills motif tile that now sits proudly on my living room shelf.

Beat that for class! :-)

I've got a tile , it was a quid , blue background , white horse with the Gills written in it's mane ?

ps
I tried to upload a pic of it , but the file is too big apparently.

What?! Has nobody got the 125 years commemorative certificate, the one handed out free in the first game of this season, framed and hung on their wall?!
I have it but it's too big to hang anywhere in my caravan!
I do have a cardboard box full of Gills stuff. This includes a commemorative medal for the 8-1 and 10-0 wins in 1987, loads of autographs, Scally's glossy 'Pathway to the Premier League' brochure, loads of autographs and pictures, the old penny that the ref used to toss up when I was mascot thirty odd years ago and a VHS video that I made years ago by recording the goals round up on local news every Monday evening (no VHS machine to play it in though!).
I also have an almost complete collection of BMH that is stored on the library bus. I wanted then all in the shelves but space is limited and that was vetoed. So instead there is a selection of 5 or 6 of them in display. I was so chuffed when we went to some festival and I met a Gills fan who had started looking at them. Prior to that I'd been told that nobody would be interested in them!!

Last edited:
Not quite memorabilia, but not too dissimilar.

When redecorating our hallway as kids, me and my brother daubed the following in permanent ink on the bare plaster for the benefit of anyone the next time they strip the wallpaper in the very far off futre.

Gillingham 3-1 Bradford City, Thomson, Ashby, Hodge
Gillingham 3-1 Sheffield Wednesday, Saunders, Thomson, Southall

Can you guess what year we did the redecorating :p

A mate was Headmaster at Senacre School when the Spillers went there. Danny used to go back to do training sessions for the kids so for my son's birthday my mate got him to get a shirt and card signed by the players. Nice present but it cost me £90 to get it properly framed. my lad is now at Uni but the shirt still hangs on the wall in our upstairs landing.

I had a framed signed shirt from league winning season on the landing, though the wife got it moved to the mezzanine where no fcker can see it.

I’ve got a framed photo of Thommo scoring *that* goal that’s still up