Gills players out of contract | Vital Football

Gills players out of contract

According to the sometimes reliable Transfermarkt O'Neill and Hadler are also out of contract as well as those named above.

I would expect Hadler, Ehmer and O'neil to be offered new deals (once we have another point).

I think we need to decide about which direction we are going to take with the kids. A promising couple of year groups haven't got a loo in and this year we have offered Campbell Scarlett and bramble deals. I can see al but Tucker leaving this summer

Max isn’t out of contact.

I’d offer Hadler and o’neil new deals
Not so sure I would be that cut up about O'Neil leaving. Defensively he has not been great he also moves Fuller to left back.I think I would perfer the money be spent on a decent left back personally. While I do enjoy seeing Luke going forward Fuller is clearly a better defender in my view.

Intr
I think we need to decide about which direction we are going to take with the kids. A promising couple of year groups haven't got a loo in and this year we have offered Campbell Scarlett and bramble deals. I can see al but Tucker leaving this summer
Interesting calls on the young players this summer .I do think Lovell has understandably put his job first with youngsters. I do expect a few kids to get in the last few squads this season and get contracts.

Football is all about opinions and for me I wouldn't keep any of the ones out of contract although o Neil can be amazing but he can also cause problems at the back

I would expect Hadler, Ehmer and O'neil to be offered new deals (once we have another point).

Why do we need another point wx?

I am sure there is no way we can now be relegated. Teams below us all playing each other means there is no possibility of 51pts being relegated.

We are 100% mathematically safe. I will admit tho, I only got a B in Maths. So take your chances on that.

I am sure there is no way we can now be relegated. Teams below us all playing each other means there is no possibility of 51pts being relegated.

We are 100% mathematically safe. I will admit tho, I only got a B in Maths. So take your chances on that.
We are almost certainly safe but I was at Wycombe a few years ago for a lovely family day out to see us avoid the drop. Then ....

While I do enjoy seeing Luke going forward Fuller is clearly a better defender in my view.

Although Fuller have been my POTY, it seems crazy to go into a new season with a 35 year old as your intended first choice right back. Barry has been awesome, but will he have the legs to play 40 plus matches next season? Better to use Barry as the intended back up for left and right back but start him if in form. It would be a problem if he was the only right back, his legs go in October and we have to play with a weakness for 3 months.

We are almost certainly safe but I was at Wycombe a few years ago for a lovely family day out to see us avoid the drop. Then ....
That indeed was a horrible day at Wycombe that cannot be repeated unless we have points deducted. On that day, we had to get a point and others all lose or three points but instead we just let Wycombe have it.

That indeed was a horrible day at Wycombe that cannot be repeated unless we have points deducted. On that day, we had to get a point and others all lose or three points but instead we just let Wycombe have it.

It was a gutless display that day but we could hardly have been surprised as we did not win an away game all season.

As you say, what was peculiar was the fact that we only required one other result to go our way, i.e one other struggling team only draw when they needed to win, or lose when they needed to draw, and we would have been saved.

A big lesson to not rely on anyone else.

One question - is Garmston out of contract? We have persevered but sadly I think his injury has finished him confidence wise so best to part ways ASAP.

It was a gutless display that day but we could hardly have been surprised as we did not win an away game all season.

As you say, what was peculiar was the fact that we only required one other result to go our way, i.e one other struggling team only draw when they needed to win, or lose when they needed to draw, and we would have been saved.

A big lesson to not rely on anyone else.

One question - is Garmston out of contract? We have persevered but sadly I think his injury has finished him confidence wise so best to part ways ASAP.
No
https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2018/may/garmston-contract/

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/

Have just used the simulator on the above link, going with the worst case result in all games, and we most certainly aren't mathematically safe, regardless of the teams below us that have to play each other. Managed to get us as low as 22nd, relegated with 51pts. Obviously it'd require a pretty extraordinary combination of results. But as others have mentioned, that was also the case the year we got relegated at Wycombe.