Gills new signing | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gills new signing

If this is true it's a joke!

How can a player sit on the bench if they have a terrible injury record?

I think this is a woooooosh!
Over 450 football league appearances in a career that started late .46 last year( some poor injury record .)I only hope Garmston can have a record as poor as that when he gets to 34 .As I remember when Fuller did have a problem while with us he put in a incredible amount of work to get fit quickly .

It is worth reading up what has been said by Wombles fans on the Underground press .Most did not think they should have let him go .How i do not know if there is any truth in this story .But if we are after another senior pro .I would be happy for that player to be Fuller .

Worth noting that no Gillingham outfield player had more minutes on The pitch last season than Fuller .

Senior player in the dressing room and competition at right back, also has a winning mentality and I believe he is a giils supporter.

Strange signing (if true) for me given that SL said he was looking for a younger more attacking, pacey, athletic squad this season.

If O'Neill can replicate even half his form from last season Fuller will be warming the bench barring injury. Surely signings given our 'competitive budget' should be trying to improve our first XI, not soon to be 34 year old bench warmers.

given that SL said he was looking for a younger more attacking, pacey, athletic squad this season

TBF, that mantra seems to have been applied to some extent so far:

Over 25s who have left: Martin (31), Wagstaff (28), Morris (28), Moussa (28), Murphy (27), maybe Byrne (29)

So far, I think we've only got one in who's over 25 - Parrett (26)

We have room for Fuller IMO - he started a bit later in the Pro game too (like Hess Snr) so hopefully he's got a few more miles in his legs yet!

Worth noting that no Gillingham outfield player had more minutes on The pitch last season than Fuller .
Yes but he did get a series of injuries when playing for us.
Would be good as cover though, much better than playing a centre back or midfielder out of position like we normally do when first choice full back is injured.

SL had an excellent season. But, the true measure of the man is whether he can make the right personnel decisions for the new season.

For me, BF would not be the right playing personnel. He’s old, no better than what we have now, and I thought he had some niggles with fans IIRC when he was last at the club. And I would be worried if SL was on the lookout for ‘bench warmers’ rather than the right players to compete at L1 level.

I assume Fuller is looking to move into coaching given he runs his own football academy. If he does sign you’d have to think it would be more about what he brings to the table off the pitch than on it. I’d be happy for him to sign but hope he doesn’t figure too highly in SL’s first team plans.

If true and Byrne, Reilly and Fuller have signed plus of course we have the youngsters then looks like we have the squad.

Would still be nice to have a proven (and prolific) goalscorer but that would be icing on the cake.

And yes, I have renewed my season ticket and am very optimistic for the season coming. And I dont give a toss who the Chairman is lol :)

Always hard to get, I dont know why but I get a feeling that funds will be available if we can get one. Otherwise we have two main strikers plus the youngsters and how well they do it depends on the delivery from our new midfield.