Gills new signing | Vital Football

Gills new signing

Surely Fuller is still of a standard where he should be signing with the intention of being first choice?

Although I'm usually of the "never look back" persuasion if there is any truth in this and if he is seen as a squad player and won't cost us the earth then I have no problems with it.

He has been Wombles captain for two seasons and an ever-present so might be a good move.

Thought he was past it when he left us. I assume this story is tosh but accept I may be wrong. Agree with Trevor re the source.

In defence of the OP - they correctly called the Nugent & Arnold signings last season. Doesn't make this call accurate (yet) but there's enough to suggest it's got some substance.

If true, quite shrewd from many angles IMO

Experience in our league; always gave 100% effort; has leadership qualities; good attitude & commitment; able squad cover; shouldn't be a financial burden...

He's getting on a a bit, 34 in September, probably only get a one year deal, IF he signs.

Lives in Ashford area so we are nice and local. Brings experience and leadership to the dressing room but I would hope that we would have a youth player who can be back up. We need to spend any real wages on players who will be challenging for a regular first XI. Maybe Barry will be - if this is true.

I did have the feeling that Lovell may bring someone who he enjoyed working with back .Not sure on the value of this one if true. But Fuller will always give 100% and will be a valuable voice in the dressing room. There really is not much about captaincy wise .I can see the value of having him as club captain. Having Zakuani as team captain.

If this is true it's a joke!

How can a player sit on the bench if they have a terrible injury record?

I think this is a woooooosh!

I would only see him helping out as part of SL's management team but, even doubt that. is there a 21 y.o. Barry Fuller that plays up front?

If this is true it's a joke!

How can a player sit on the bench if they have a terrible injury record?

I think this is a woooooosh!
Terrible injury record? he's played over 200 games for Wimbledon since he signed in 2013.