Gills hat tricks, apparently there have been some | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gills hat tricks, apparently there have been some

Spare a thought for Jimmy Scarth did anyone still on here see that ?
That hatrick it stood as the fastest for decades a Gills legend.

Spare a thought for Jimmy Scarth did anyone still on here see that ?
That hatrick it stood as the fastest for decades a Gills legend.
Of course there is no film but it should be noted by the club it is 70 years in November since Jimmy Scarth scored the quickest hatrick in Gills history.
I think a picture with a short text somewhere in the ground would be nice .A bit of history .

One of the ten greatest goalscoring feats in Gills history perhaps?

A well written profile of the player that will always be a Gills legend below.

http://archive.mehstg.com/fact_scarth_jimmy.htm

There is a idea for a post season opinion poll the ten greatest Gills scoring feats ?

Last edited:
Of course there is no film but it should be noted by the club it is 70 years in November since Jimmy Scarth scored the quickest hatrick in Gills history.
I think a picture with a short text somewhere in the ground would be nice .A bit of history .

One of the ten greatest goalscoring feats in Gills history perhaps?

A well written profile of the player that will always be a Gills legend below.

http://archive.mehstg.com/fact_scarth_jimmy.htm

There is a idea for a post season opinion poll the ten greatest Gills scoring feats ?
Whoa, hang on there. Fastest hat trick? I've only just got over the shock of there even being a hat trick 😳

Not bad as a half time sub, who wasn't even fully fit.

Love that 2nd goal. Hardly any backlift, and the keeper wasn't far off his line, but he just hits it so perfectly it was never going anywhere other than the top corner. The other two goals weren't bad either

Steve Lovell got 4 in the famous 8-1 v Sarfend.

Useless sod then didn’t score any in the 10-0 v Chesterfield the following week. Pfffft! 🙄

Strangely enough, in the return fixture we won 4-1 at Chesterfield and Steve did get 3 that time 👍

What a superb goalscorer he was.