Gills drop to 19th | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gills drop to 19th

Grumpy old git! ;-)

That's very constructive LSB2!!!

I have probably followed the Gills a lot longer than you have both home and away. I've had good times and bad times over the years but I can't recall witnessing the abject performances we have been subjected to over the last few seasons e.g. Oxford, AFC Wimbledon, Southend, Wycombe, Walsall.
If that makes me a grumpy old git then so be it.:fish:

Last edited:

I have probably followed the Gills a lot longer than you have both home and away. I've had good times and bad times over the years but I can't recall witnessing the abject performances we have been subjected to over the last few seasons e.g. Oxford, AFC Wimbledon, Southend, Wycombe, Walsall.

Maybe your memory is faulty? Do you not remember the late 80s through the early 90s? Do you not remember Mike Flanagan; the year and a half without an away win; the struggles to stay up in the division below our current one??!!

You old people with no memory, you shouldn't be allowed to drive or vote in referendums! ;-)

Maybe your memory is faulty? Do you not remember the late 80s through the early 90s? Do you not remember Mike Flanagan; the year and a half without an away win; the struggles to stay up in the division below our current one??!!

You old people with no memory, you shouldn't be allowed to drive or vote in referendums! ;-)

That 18 months without an away win period (late 80s ?) , coincided with me visiting pretty much every match played in the north.

All part of the joys of being a Gills fan! You have to experience the lows, to enjoy the highs... I've been watching The Gills since the early 80's, so you have been going longer than me. Some of the performances in the late 80's and early 90's were on a par with what we have had at some games this season. I had a run of nearly 50 away games without a win at one point. I remember dancing at Orient when we were 3-0 up with ten minutes to play... But everything is temporary, good and bad times. The good times will return, just maybe not this season... :-)