Gills Betting | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gills Betting

I agree. The worst we have ever finished in this division is 8th under Scally and given NH stays we then have the best manager we could possibly hope for this season

Play offs would be par.

Agree, Hessie's second (or was it third spell?) as manager in League Two was pretty woeful all in and we had a pretty average squad, but still came just a place outside of the playoffs. When we've had decent managers at this level in the past 30 years (and one would probably argue that Allan and Stimson were just that and probably no better as were found out in League One), we came second under Pulis, first under Mad Dog and straight back up through the playoffs under Stimson after getting relegated. I'd argue, other than Pulis, Harris is better than those managers and I personally don't doubt that Scally will give him enough funds to challenge at League two level. Anything below playoffs would be a disappointment and, if Scally manages to find some extra money from somewhere (which he has done in the past), we could do better than that - we certainly have the manager for it.

I agree. The worst we have ever finished in this division is 8th under Scally and given NH stays we then have the best manager we could possibly hope for this season

Play offs would be par.

Has league 2 improved in a similar way to league 1 has over the years?

Teams promoted from the conference can do well and i'd expect stockport / wrexham to kick on.

Salford are well backed financially and sooner or later bradford will have a decent season with their potential.

Will any of the relegated teams invest to bounce back at the first attempt ?

Whoever doesnt go up out of swindon, rovers and mansfield may tweak their squad to go one step further. We need a wholesale rebuild.

I think playoffs would be a good season much better than par.

I wouldn't back gills for promotion financially, at least not at this stage.

Odds for not to be promoted may be interesting

Teams promoted from the conference can do well and i'd expect stockport / wrexham to kick on.

Salford are well backed financially and sooner or later bradford will have a decent season with their potential.

Will any of the relegated teams invest to bounce back at the first attempt ?

Whoever doesnt go up out of swindon, rovers and mansfield may tweak their squad to go one step further. We need a wholesale rebuild.

I think playoffs would be a good season much better than par.

I wouldn't back gills for promotion financially, at least not at this stage.

Odds for not to be promoted may be interesting[/QUOTE

I agree- League 2 is stronger than when we were last there. Even the National League is stronger with a number of ex-league clubs some getting bigger crowds than we did in League 1. If Harris stays we'll have one of the best managers we won't have one of the biggest budgets.

I can help, if you want a decent bet you can go to a betting office without opening any account, no tax on winnings, if you on oddschecker you can get best prices, if you want a four figure sum or more, try spreading around shops ,maybe in £200 bets and good luck and I’m joining you but I think you could get better odds after a month or two, remember we will have a new squad so may need a few games.
After a few games we will be top so the odds will be rubbish by then.
:-)

If Harris stays we'll have one of the best managers we won't have one of the biggest budgets.

I'm generally interested, who will have a bigger budget than us then? Bristol Rovers and Swindon probably, if they don't go up (which they may do), Wrexham almost definitely if they do (but not a certainty), and possibly Bradford and Doncaster, if they get their acts together, and maybe Salford (I'll take the word of others for that as I don't know - they've not done very well this year, if they've been bankrolled). Looking at the rest of the division, plus those coming down and possibly coming up, there's none to me that stands out as having a big budget.

We'll find out next season, but I'm not sure it has. Northampton, for example, with limited support and backing over the past decade have pretty much yo-yo'd, proving that they're too good for League Two but not good enough for League One. I personally think as much as the gap between League One and the Championship has increased, so has the gap between League Two and League One.

I personally think as much as the gap between League One and the Championship has increased, so has the gap between League Two and League One.

Looking at league tables. It looks like the biggest gap is now between L1 top half and L1 bottom half. Or maybe bottom 6.

Agree it looks like we should have a top half budget. Maybe higher. But at least we won’t be blown out the water with the sort of dosh the likes of Sheff Wed, Sunderland, Ipswich etc can throw at players.

But at least we won’t be blown out the water with the sort of dosh the likes of Sheff Wed, Sunderland, Ipswich etc can throw at players.

Agree, League Two is a very different beast to League One. We have teams in League One who are bankrolled and able to employ squads of Championship players on thousands a week, e.g. McClean at Wigan the most extreme example, and there are a number of teams who average 15, 20, 30K+. In League Two only Bradford average over 10K and they have highly reduced ticket prices, so don't really benefit too much from those decent crowds (I know a Bradford fan at work who says they haven't really got a huge budget).

Whereas we look at Sunderland, Ipswich, Sheff Weds, Pompey and Charlton in League One; the big boys in League Two are Swindon, Bristol Rovers, Tranmere, Port Vale, Northampton and maybe Wrexham if they go up (and four of them might not be there next season, if they go up/don't go up) - I'd suggest that we'll be alongside Tranmere as the equivalent in League Two next season of what Pompey or Charlton are in League One. It is a very, very different level. In many ways, we'll have to adapt; in others, I think playing at an ever-increasingly high level third tier for a decade may help us and set our standards high.

On sky bet we are 7- 4 for a top 7 finish. 7-2 for promotion and 16-1 for champions.

I think the odds will get better as said above with a new team needing to settle first before kicking on.

Bookies seem to fancy orient this season too.

For anyone interested , today gills are 25/1 with coral and Ladbrooks , I think it’s a decent price, I know we have not got team yet but sure it’s coming, and we have got top manager.

I saw one of those super computer predictors the other day, it had Gills to finish 8th and Stevenage to finish 24th.they probably have Gills about right but I can't see Evans mob coming last.

I think Stevenage have a good chance of being up there,so I've had a fiver each way on them to win it ( paying to 4 places) at 40-1 on sky bet. We are 16's

I saw one of those super computer predictors the other day, it had Gills to finish 8th and Stevenage to finish 24th.they probably have Gills about right but I can't see Evans mob coming last.

Stevenage will be too horrible to play against to finish bottom