Gills Betting | Vital Football

Gills Betting

Vambogills

Vital Football Hero
I want to place a decent sized bet on Gills making an immediate return to L1. I know there are a few regular punters on here so just looking for a bit of advice. As a novice I'm looking to know who is best to bet with (I don't want an account), where to find decent odds and any tax implications if I do collect?
I thank you.

I want to place a decent sized bet on Gills making an immediate return to L1. I know there are a few regular punters on here so just looking for a bit of advice. As a novice I'm looking to know who is best to bet with (I don't want an account), where to find decent odds and any tax implications if I do collect?
I thank you.

no tax implications so fill your boots. Can’t help with the other bits though

I thank you.
Same here.

I thank you.
There's plenty of choice - Skybet, Corals, Labrokes, William Hill, Bet365, Paddy Power etc, so no point choosing anyone obscure. Just go for the best odds (use oddschecker) and / or best sign up offer

You won't get any odds yet Vambo. They won't be out until at least after the league two play offs are over. As said above you'd have to google "Oddschecker league two winners 2022-2023 season" then take your pick, I'm thinking of doing the same.

I bet on line these days, but there are still bookies open, just go in and ask at the counter how to put your bet on.

We’re second favourites for the title - Brad C are first - and the same for promotion finishing in the first three places. Odds will be short, maybe 5-1 as champions. Which of course we will be, so if we all chip in £10 our collective winnings could purchase a player who can score some fkn goals!

no tax implications so fill your boots. Can’t help with the other bits though

not even capital gains ;-)

Been a good season for me on the bets £800 up and hoping for a newcastle top half finish to push it over 1K.

I use skybet, just used to the app rather than anything else.

My favourite bet is top 4/6 finish accumulators across the divisions. There is value to be found. I had rotherham for top 6 in league 1 as an example. All the big clubs get the short odds but a club relegated from the championship would be in with a shout. Same as posh next season.

Gills wouldnt be in my top 6 next season though. Everything depends on recruitment over the summer. Too many variables. Depending on odds i'll look at stockport or whoever from bristol/swindon doesnt make it this season.

Main rule with gambling is only stake what you can afford to lose !

I thank you.
I can help, if you want a decent bet you can go to a betting office without opening any account, no tax on winnings, if you on oddschecker you can get best prices, if you want a four figure sum or more, try spreading around shops ,maybe in £200 bets and good luck and I’m joining you but I think you could get better odds after a month or two, remember we will have a new squad so may need a few games.

I thank you.

I’d always to see the odds first on before placing any bet. They may or may not offer value. Oddshecker is a good comparison site For when they are published.

We’re second favourites for the title - Brad C are first - and the same for promotion finishing in the first three places. Odds will be short, maybe 5-1 as champions. Which of course we will be, so if we all chip in £10 our collective winnings could purchase a player who can score some fkn goals!

So, we're favourites at the moment then as Bradford are always favourites for that division and never cease to underachieve. Obviously, the market will change when we know how is going to be there next season, but of those who might not be there next season, i.e. they can go up/come up, I can only see Bristol Rovers, Swindon and maybe Wrexham (just because of their backing) being shorter than us. So we really should be looking at playoffs minimum next season. However, this really is all dependent on whether Harris is there. He's under contract and talking up being at Priestfield for the mid to long term, but who knows what will happen over the summer. Someone may come in for him - it would be hard for him to turn down a Champ Club. If Harris stays and he's given just a half decent backing from Scally, I would be disappointed if we're not challenging for the playoffs; if he gets a good backing, we could hopefully do even better than that.

Thanks for the tips. Clearly need to confirm Harris is happy and has started recruiting feom a budget he's ok with. Also will look at odds checker and then try and place a bet direct at the bookies. Certainly hooe the odds will be better than 5/1 nentuoned above though! Cheers gents.

Thanks for the tips. Clearly need to confirm Harris is happy and has started recruiting feom a budget he's ok with. Also will look at odds checker and then try and place a bet direct at the bookies. Certainly hooe the odds will be better than 5/1 nentuoned above though! Cheers gents.
Harris made a point that Gills will definitely not have the highest budget in League 2 next season, and that we’ll have to cut our cloth accordingly. I imagine any existing players that do stay on will all have wage cuts due to the relegation. Those out of contract who he may want to keep eg Tucker (I assume) would be in a better position to negotiate same or better wages than this season.
Impossible to know how we will compete next season though until we see the calibre of players he signs in the summer.

Surely we can't keep Tucker, after he ruined Rob's predictions!
There was a Tucker header on goal near the end but it skewed off the side of his head and went well wide. I think he may get a big League 1 club anyway and it will probably go to tribunal for the fee.

Harris made a point that Gills will definitely not have the highest budget in League 2 next season

I am hoping it would be top 10 though? and If anything crowds should be better next season.

if he backs Neil and builds on the current good will attendances ( and therefore budget) should be healthy at this level next season.

A statement from scally might help, saying he is fulling backing Neil, reducing his own fees and putting on a season ticket promotion to fill Priestfield next season and now the ball is in the fans court to back the club

Season ticket waverers need to believe more season tickets sales directly equates to better quality players

Next season is a real opportunity to get Priestfield buzzing again.

I am hoping it would be top 10 though? and If anything crowds should be better next season.

Looking at the teams in the division, even if the worse case scenario happens, and Wrexham who are well backed come up (not guaranteed) and Swindon and Bristol Rovers (who are well backed, but hardly Ipswich or Sunderland) stay down (and they could both go up), I can't see that we'd not have a top 5 or 6 budget and crowd in that division - Bradford are said to be favourites and they'll have good crowds, but are unlikely to have a huge budget. The rest of the teams are likely to have non-league or proper League Two budgets. I'm confident, Scally will give Harris
a playoff budget and if Harris stays (and we suspect he will), we should be competing for playoffs minimum.