=8. Jordan Graham £2.1k a week
=6. Christian Maghoma £2.4K a week
=6. Connor Ogilvie £2.4K a week
5. Alex MacDonald £2.5k a week
4. Stuart O’ Keefe £2.6k a week
3. Kyle Dempsey £3k a week
2. John Akinde £3.1k a week
1. Dominic Samuel £3.4K a week

I’d reckon that’s not a million miles away from correct given that we had most of the young loan players for virtually nothing.
Tucker will be looking for a pay rise.

Can kind of understand Maghoma, having signed him from the Polish top flight. Hasn't worked out, obviously, but it wouldn't surprise me if we'd offered him that kind of money.

MacDonald's the one that stands out most to me. 30 years old, spent the vast majority of the last 10 years or so in League Two, and we've made him the 5th highest earner at the club?

That's not intended in any way as a criticism of him, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of player you'd be looking to pay that kind of money for.

Can kind of understand Maghoma, having signed him from the Polish top flight. Hasn't worked out, obviously, but it wouldn't surprise me if we'd offered him that kind of money.

31 games for Arka Gdynia but had never played a league game in the UK in any of the divisions before us.

Technically, we signed Jordan Graham from the English top flight at roughly the same time, and we were more aware of what we were getting with him. Why is he being paid £300 a week less than Maghoma when he is two years older?

Not saying that it is impossible but if true I don't think BFSE can complain about the budget when he pisses it away like that.

The order looks about right, values who knows.

In terms of Graham GBN I suspect (but have no idea if true) that Graham wanted to come here for a season, learn to love playing again, provide his fitness and then be ready for the next challenge at a bigger club. Its not likes he committed for 3-4 years at that wage. His priority was to go somewhere to relaunch his career not the salary. Just a guess.

The order looks about right, values who knows.

In terms of Graham GBN I suspect (but have no idea if true) that Graham wanted to come here for a season, learn to love playing again, provide his fitness and then be ready for the next challenge at a bigger club. Its not likes he committed for 3-4 years at that wage. His priority was to go somewhere to relaunch his career not the salary. Just a guess.

Could Graham have an appearance bonus? Would help him earn more when he's fit.

This is, to use a term used in another thread, utter jank. Click the link within the link, which refers to where the info originated. First sentence Gillingham's top earner on £4K a week is Zech Medley. I think not. Scally's the top earner anyway

Medley and Coyle would be their arsenal salaries wouldn't they ? Possible I would have thought. I suspect we paid a tiny fraction.

Thought Scally handled all the contract negotiations?

He does, but I also suspect that he tells Evans that, if he meets the excessive demands of a player that Evans wants, how much it will deplete the reserves within the agreed total budget.

If Evans still says go ahead, he can not moan if he ends up short of a full squad when the budget is fully spent.

Maghoma had not played enough anywhere to be anything but a risky punt so his initial salary should have reflected that.

A guess on how this piece was created, and presumably the statements of other clubs too. First take last season's overall wage bill and add say 2-3% for inflation. Next divide by number of players in squad for average. Finally make a series of calculated guesses on breakdown of salaries, more for creatives and goalscorers , less for defenders and goalkeepers. Cobble it altogether and inflate salary of any player with broader recognition amongst fans. Job done.

Could Graham have an appearance bonus? Would help him earn more when he's fit.

Bit tricky atm, as the hairdressers are closed and you can`t get a made to measure suit for love nor money...

In all seriousness, he deserves a bonus. Really hope we hang on to him for next season. I`d be happy if his and Samuel`s wages were swapped around.