Gillingham Supporters Trust | Vital Football

Gillingham Supporters Trust

jogills

Vital Football Hero
A meeting of GST took place before the Portsmouth game, poor weather and commitments meant the attendance was thinner than hoped but a wide ranging discussion was held agreedand some firmer plans for the future agreed. We have determined to have a proper website set up but will first formally lay out the aims and objectives of the organisation. We will look to have a social media presence sooner.

It's worth making clear that we have no formal connection with any other group though members of other groups are welcome to join our organisation. They would need to be aware that we do not and will not demonstrate at games and our purpose is not to get rid of the chairman. We intend approaching him once more in a spirit of co-operation because we see the trust as a bridge between club and fans and the conduit for any potential, future representation. This is more relevant in the light of mendations from Tracey Crouch's report. We are especially concerned to try and unite fans behind the club and its best interests.

We welcome new members at £5 per annum ass we wish to represent the broad range of fans and their concerns. I may occasionally post on the subject in future if there is anything of interest to report.

Please do post updates Jo.

A trust that can build bridges with the owner and help facilitate improving relations between the owner and the fan base is a great thing.

I'd like to see how open to that he is before joining.

I suspect as an autocrat he won't be interested but we'll see.

Agree mark.

Word of caution. I think if any of the names of some of his more vocal critics are members, then I doubt he’ll be receptive at all. And I’d suspect some of them would be joining up for “ulterior motives”. One of them being to scupper your good intentions.

But if it is honestly put up as a reconciliatory move to bring owner, club and fans together, then hopefully he’ll see the benefits and be open to some kind of fans input.

Good luck Jogills 👍

But if it is honestly put up as a reconciliatory move to bring owner, club and fans together, then hopefully he’ll see the benefits and be open to some kind of fans input.

Good luck Jogills 👍

Do you actually believe the bit I've highlighted ?

I second the good luck though.

Do you actually believe the bit I've highlighted ?

I second the good luck though.

Believe? Not sure. As I said “hopefully”.

Plenty of fans have said that in the past PS has made all kind of noises about improving these things and he never actually delivered. In the past I’ve never been that attentive to know. Not been on my radar.

More recently this season he seems to be trying to make an effort with some communication things (badly at times I’ll admit). And some things have actually changed after he’s copped criticism. Pay on day, re-opening of ticket office, club shop, people to help with online ticketing etc.

So I’m hoping, especially given the state of friction right now, that he is actually in a position of wanting things to improve. And I remain hopeful that he realises if you take away the 30 or so numpties and thugs, that most Gills fans (even those that have a big issue with him) simply want what’s best for GFC. Not everyone is just against him.

Just a thought, does anyone have website building skills, or have any recommendations. We're not looking for free labour and would consider advertising etc to reduce costs. Any advice welcome.

Just a thought, does anyone have website building skills, or have any recommendations. We're not looking for free labour and would consider advertising etc to reduce costs. Any advice welcome.
You can use something like Wix or one of the many similar.

They're all "what you see is what you get", ie you build the sites visually. they'll give you templates to start from too.

Depends what you need/want from the site really