Gillingham Legends Book | Vital Football

Gillingham Legends Book

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
For those that don't do social media like me, my son has made a book called Gillingham Legends.

It's an A5 hardback book and contains his digitally drawn artwork of 175 former Gills players and staff across all era's, which he has been posting across social media over the past year. It's proven very popular amongst fellow Gills fans and ex-players too. It's something a bit different.

Costs £15 and can be purchased here if you'd like a copy - https://gillinghamlegends.company.site

Free delivery to ME postcodes (£3 otherwise)

Also, anyone who orders a copy before 1st July will automatically be entered into a prize draw with five chances to win prints signed by Ron Hillyard, John Egan, Jim Stannard, Gavin Peacock and Danny Spiller!

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 17
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 19
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 18
  • thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 17
  • thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 18
Are you able to provide a list of who is in the book or can you tell me if Keith Lindsey from the 73/74 promotion season is included?

Really surprising how instantly recognisable all the featured players are. One exception for me is Bradley Dack but a good concept well executed.

I follow the Gillingham_legends page on Instagram and love the look of the the book, been waiting in case I got it for fathers day but neither of the juniors took the hints 🤣🤣

Will definitely be ordering. Also loved the England legends he's done, is there also going to be a book of those do you know?

Your son has a great talent 👍

......and you're right, the players seem to love it going by the letters he's received and posted but then they would I suppose if they're being described as a legend 🤣🤣🤣👍

Thanks for your positive responses guys, much appreciated. To answer your questions:
Keith Lindsey isn't in the book, my son did an online survey for fans to vote for their legends and Keith didn't get enough votes. There are far too many players to list, but they do go back a hundred years starting in 1920.
I don't think he's going to do an England Legends book, but if there's enough interest, he could be tempted. However he is looking at possibly doing some more Gills legends in the future.

Thanks for the compliments about his talents Nobby. He's also had some glowing tributes from Superbob Taylor, Carl Asaba, Stuart Nelson, Neil Smith, Mark Patterson, Chris Hope and Martin Allen. But I think he's fully deserved them as he's worked enormously hard to produce it.

Thanks for your positive responses guys, much appreciated. To answer your questions:
Keith Lindsey isn't in the book, my son did an online survey for fans to vote for their legends and Keith didn't get enough votes. There are far too many players to list, but they do go back a hundred years starting in 1920.
I don't think he's going to do an England Legends book, but if there's enough interest, he could be tempted. However he is looking at possibly doing some more Gills legends in the future.

Thanks for the compliments about his talents Nobby. He's also had some glowing tributes from Superbob Taylor, Carl Asaba, Stuart Nelson, Neil Smith, Mark Patterson, Chris Hope and Martin Allen. But I think he's fully deserved them as he's worked enormously hard to produce it.
Absolutely, my last comment was just me being cheeky. The letters and comments he's posted from past players are very complimentary and they sound genuinely chuffed to have been included in the book.
Definitely going to order one, would love to win the print signed by Ron Hillyard.

Yes Nobby I think you should definitely have one, I think all Gills fans should of course. The artwork's superb, and no matter what era you started watching Gills in, the images take you back to then, very nostalgic.

Looks good. An unusual idea, but one that definitely works. Both for my purposes and for the benefit of your son, I strongly recommend that you bump this post some time near Christmas. I probably won't buy any now, as it's quite a large book to store, but would definitely buy at least a couple for Xmas presents.