Gillingham have plans | Vital Football

Gillingham have plans

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
I gather from the Mail that Steve Lovell the Gillingham manager has plans to overcome Pools if they "sit behind the ball". Hmm all he has to is watch the odd video of our performances and he'll notice all the Gills need to do is sling a crossfield ball to the far post, get a forward on the end of it and its 1-0. We don't score goals so its game over.

Pools have to revert to 5 3 2 and play Newton in midfield to provide energy and forward support. Then its either Featherstone or McLaughlin to partner Noble.
I suspect from Bates' comments he will start with O'Neill up front - think his loan agreement will stipulate that he has to play if fit!

Best hope of progress to next round is a penalty shout out

Cant see anything other than a comfortable win for Gillingham. I hope their keeper is wearing thermals because he is going to spend 90 minutes with absolutely nothing to do to keep warm.

OMG we are 2 up at half time!!!!! Cant remember last time we were 2 up at half time, must have been last season. Davis off injured so that is slightly worrying. Can we manage to not lose? Obviously Gillingham will score (cross to far post of course) but can we keep them down to one? All to play for, quite exciting (for a change).

Here we go. Its 2-1 now less than two minutes after restart. Gills goal came from a cross to far post. I think we all know what's going to happen now. Hope I'm wrong but I am not usually.

Another night of heroic failure. Gills penalty equalizer in 95th minute. Extra time ahead but only one winner in my opinion.