Gillette - The Worst a Man Can Get | Vital Football

Gillette - The Worst a Man Can Get

Stephen Jay Hawkings

Vital Football Legend
The latest vomit-inducing social justice bandwagon jumping nonsense comes from Gillette who seem determined to alienate a huge percentage of their customers by telling them they are pieces of shit and their sons are monsters in the making.

Great marketing! :lol:

I think the principle behind it is spot on, and times are changing. I think we all know and accept that, believe it or not we aren’t all poor Harvey Weinsteins’ and we know that wolf whistling at a lady in street is socially unacceptable.

The thing that I find a bit rich is that Gillette (or Proctor & Gamble) have for years marketed and reinforced the alpha male stereotype in their adverts. Gillette could’ve come out and said something as simple like “we’re changing our marketing campaigns” to accept their part in all of this. They’ve built up a stereotype to literally billions of men over the last 6-7 decades getting us to be the alpha masculine male in order to be able to sell some razors over another razor to make a profit. I can’t think of many companies who have reinforced such a stereotype as much as Gillette!

I absolutely do not need Gillette to tell me how I should act and bring up my kids ultimately to boost their sales.

I wonder if P&G will release an advert for the Venus brand with some examples of where women need to change to suit the modern world?

Last edited:
I just think it's beyond a joke at this stage. I don't see what this constant male-bashing is going to achieve. It's not just this ad, it's everywhere.

If you wolf whistle at a woman in the street, you're a twat. If you rape or beat a woman, you're a criminal. There are twats and criminals out there in the world, this is not new information. What kind of education is going to change that?

How about stop generalising all men for a start. It's unacceptable to do that to any other group, but perfectly fine to do it with men it seems.

I just think it's beyond a joke at this stage. I don't see what this constant male-bashing is going to achieve. It's not just this ad, it's everywhere.

If you wolf whistle at a woman in the street, you're a twat. If you rape or beat a woman, you're a criminal. There are twats and criminals out there in the world, this is not new information. What kind of education is going to change that?

How about stop generalising all men for a start. It's unacceptable to do that to any other group, but perfectly fine to do it with men it seems.

Only white men.

Reactions on both sides to this made me laugh when I read about it yesterday.

I agree with some of those saying it's a step too far.
I think some of those saying it's a step too far are simply looking for something to whinge about.

I quite liked it as a standpoint but also thought it came over as preachy and bandwagon jumping.

Dan's suggestion about making it about their promotion mistakes I think would've gone over 400% stronger.

I electric shave anyway. Does that mean I can do whatever I want?
:wahey::wahey::wahey:

In all seriousness. Meh.

But I suppose it's another opportunity for people to be 'outraged'. And let's face it we love a good reason to be 'outraged' now.

This has gone a little bit Donald Trump....shall we both make a sharp exit and go for a McDonald's lol

And yes, I'm worried about myself for noticing my last post's angle :help:

I do laugh at TV adverts showing a family -
it is always a mixed race couple. You can just see it now - a room full of white marketeers actively talking about why they need to have a black/Asian person in the advert just in case there is some racial accusation about the brand.

It’ll be nice when we’ve moved on from positive discrimination it’s cringeworthy.

It served a purpose originally but I'd like to think we've moved past that now and the continuation is actually bordering on racist itself.

Get all white couples, all black, all Asian etc....at the end of the day the product either interests you or doesn't.

This has gone a little bit Donald Trump....shall we both make a sharp exit and go for a McDonald's lol

And yes, I'm worried about myself for noticing my last post's angle :help:

Let the record show that it was Mike that started this white supremacist tirade! lol

Yeah, let's go out and get some "hamberders", I heard Donnie loves them!

It served a purpose originally but I'd like to think we've moved past that now and the continuation is actually bordering on racist itself.

Get all white couples, all black, all Asian etc....at the end of the day the product either interests you or doesn't.

Yes, agree it did perhaps 10 years ago - but surely were passed that? It’s now LGBTXYZ or something and gender neutral fluid something or other.