Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Irn-Bru Fleck

Vital Squad Member
McBurnie, Freeman and N'Diaye started. Osborn and Brewster came on at HT. Really a tough one who starts with Sharp and Gibbs-White Saturday.

McBurnie, Freeman and N'Diaye started. Osborn and Brewster came on at HT. Really a tough one who starts with Sharp and Gibbs-White Saturday.
Freeman looked like he started in midfield and Osborn replaced him in midfield berk started up top in what looked like a 4 4 2 to me mayb ndiaye was also up top but we defended as 4 4 2
I’d start ndiaye but pull him after and hour and depending how it’s going replace him with Brewster (who had a decent game tonight) or mc pub if we want to defend what we’ve got

Didn't Ndiaye go off injured again?

Didn't watch the game so no idea how any of them played.

But Osborn is the most reliable option and seems likely to produce at the moment.

I don't really understand this thread. We play a 4-2-3-1, so we need two players to join Sharp and Gibbs-White, not one. Based on yesterday, I'd go with McBurnie and Osborn. Ndiaye isn't fit enough at the minute, so he'd be a better option off the bench.

If everyone's fit I think Slav will go with Osborn, Gibbs-White and Berge behind Sharp.

The formation is fluid under Slav so it will morph in and out of possession.

Freeman looked like he started in midfield and Osborn replaced him in midfield berk started up top in what looked like a 4 4 2 to me mayb ndiaye was also up top but we defended as 4 4 2
I’d start ndiaye but pull him after and hour and depending how it’s going replace him with Brewster (who had a decent game tonight) or mc pub if we want to defend what we’ve got
Freeman is a big NO CHANCE from me mi owd pal,i think Ossy was a lot more effective when he came on and his energy levels were fantastic.Burke made some strong runs and looked dangerous until he touched the ball,:giggle: I thought Tella looked very dangerous for the Saints.UTB

I don't really understand this thread. We play a 4-2-3-1, so we need two players to join Sharp and Gibbs-White, not one. Based on yesterday, I'd go with McBurnie and Osborn. Ndiaye isn't fit enough at the minute, so he'd be a better option off the bench.
When everyone's fit it's more like a 4-3-3 like it was going to be at Hull.

Berge - Hourihane - Fleck
Gibbs-White - Sharp - Osborn

In my opinion this is the best 11 now the dust is starting to settle.

Olsen

Baldock Egan Davies Stevens

Berge Hourihane Fleck

MGW Sharp Ndiaye (Osborn for the last 20 mins)

I would rather have Ndiaye for 70 minutes than Freeman for 90. Osborn is dependable but Ndiaye can make things happen from nothing like MGW and that is what we have missed for some time.

I am sure that formation will be fluid and not always 4 3 3 or 4.2.3.1.

Brewster and McBurnie now have a target to get the first 11 spot off Sharp and Ndiaye. There is absolutely no point writing them either of them off yet. They are being paid good money and i hope their own professional pride will make them fight for that shirt. There was flashes of that last night.

Special mention for Bash. He has the ability to bring the ball out of defence and open up space. I would not rule him out either as CB or central midfield.

Last edited:
Freeman is a big NO CHANCE from me mi owd pal,i think Ossy was a lot more effective when he came on and his energy levels were fantastic.Burke made some strong runs and looked dangerous until he touched the ball,:giggle: I thought Tella looked very dangerous for the Saints.UTB
:agree:

If Edna is back to anything like his best, it'll be a massive boost for us not only down our left side defensively but also going forward even though he'll be playing more fullback than wingback. I thought he was excellent last night

I don't think he's ever settled away from the smoke, he didn't pull any trees up at Forest either. Miles away from the player who always seemed to play well against us.

If Edna is back to anything like his best, it'll be a massive boost for us not only down our left side defensively but also going forward even though he'll be playing more fullback than wingback. I thought he was excellent last night

He at least knows he has competition for his place now - or at least a manager who might not ignore his competition.

So if he's anywhere near his best condition he should nail down that position and be a massive boost.

Also, with him back in the picture it might well be our best bet to go with a back 4 of Baldock Basham Egan Stevens - all beyond proven at this level together and even in a 4 should ensure we are more than good enough defensively.

When everyone's fit it's more like a 4-3-3 like it was going to be at Hull.

Berge - Hourihane - Fleck
Gibbs-White - Sharp - Osborn

Berge was going to play out wide against Hull, just like he did when he came on against Preston. We'll probably consider a 4-3-3 in some of the tougher games, like away at Bournemouth which is coming up, but Slav clearly wants us to play with four attacking players in most games. Even last night, Fleck went to play in the "10" role when he came on.

He at least knows he has competition for his place now - or at least a manager who might not ignore his competition.

So if he's anywhere near his best condition he should nail down that position and be a massive boost.

Also, with him back in the picture it might well be our best bet to go with a back 4 of Baldock Basham Egan Stevens - all beyond proven at this level together and even in a 4 should ensure we are more than good enough defensively.
Agreed. That's the back 4 I'd play but SJ seems pretty obsessed on playing players in positions based in their strongest foot. How else can we explain Robinson having so many chances?

Davies I can understand because he's actually a CB and a good one, but not Longthrow.

Don't see how Davies will offer more than Basham either though. Being left footed and tidy on the ball won't do it.