GGG v Alvarez | Vital Football

GGG v Alvarez

ahx00

Vital Football Hero
Wow.

After the circus that preceded it, Boxing had a chance to present itself as the prestigious, legitimate spectacle it should be, but the need for money-making ensured they shot themselves in the foot.

118-110 is absolutely scandalous and that judge should never work again. 114-114 I can see, at a stretch, so i'm not offended by that score so much as the fact that it needed to be given to ensure the draw and the re-match.

Personally, I had it as 7-5 for GGG. Alvarez won rounds 2, 3, 10, 11, and 12.

It was a great fight ruined by one person. I was watching live and thought GGG had taken it after a slow start. When I heard the first score I was sure the fix was in and they wanted canelo to win.

A draw I can be ok with but that first judge adelaide byrd needs to be questioned. She has a history of bad scoring. Why they let her near big fights amazes me.

Taricco the yid - 17/9/2017 14:23

It was a great fight ruined by one person. I was watching live and thought GGG had taken it after a slow start. When I heard the first score I was sure the fix was in and they wanted canelo to win.

A draw I can be ok with but that first judge adelaide byrd needs to be questioned. She has a history of bad scoring. Why they let her near big fights amazes me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/70lm3b/spoiler_teddy_atlas_on_the_result_of_golovkin_vs/

Teddy Atlas flipping out is beautiful stuff.

It was a great fight and very close, but to get a draw you need to give Canelo all the close-call rounds AND one of the clear GGG rounds. To give Canelo 10 rounds you need to be inept or corrupt.

The Mexican fans booing Canelo afterwards was glorious.

Enjoyable fight. GGG won it for me.

GGG is a machine can't see anyone stopping him. Alvarez is a hard bastard but he ain't in GGG's league.

If I was Golovkin I wouldn't take it. Canelo got booed out of the arena by his own fans because of transparent favouritism. GGG has the belts, the unofficial victory and better options.

He should go for Billy Joe Saunders to unify the belts, then, if Canelo's camp want the rematch... insist it's done in Khazakstan, or Germany, or somewhere neutral. Just make them beg for it. Canelo has literally nothing GGG needs, except a paycheck. The middleweight division can survive without the rematch.

ahx00 - 17/9/2017 19:26

If I was Golovkin I wouldn't take it. Canelo got booed out of the arena by his own fans because of transparent favouritism. GGG has the belts, the unofficial victory and better options.

He should go for Billy Joe Saunders to unify the belts, then, if Canelo's camp want the rematch... insist it's done in Khazakstan, or Germany, or somewhere neutral. Just make them beg for it. Canelo has literally nothing GGG needs, except a paycheck. The middleweight division can survive without the rematch.

GGG did say he wants a fight with a belt holder in his interview. The problem is the ppv money is hard to turn down and the mexican market is still big for boxing. A lot of mexicans love GGG as well.

Canelo had a rematch clause in his contract.