GFC Friendlies | Page 4 | Vital Football

GFC Friendlies

This should be easy as they should have a database.

I am a season ticket holder, renewed in feb/March but no email from the club inviting me to watch the game

Maybe they don't have my email address you may ask? Well its the same one that they sent my season ticket renewal confirmation to.

To be honest I am not fussed about the Colchester game BUT it illustrates that the club are so poor at the basics of customer service.

Worst part is that I've generally come to expect poor customer service from GFC.
Which is partly why I personally would not point the finger at Ebbsfleet spending more on staff .

Blimey Chris I'd love to understand the connection between our season tickect holder email distribution list and ebbsfleets finances !
The fact is our clubs customer service is terrible and has been for ages.This is most likely to be down to staffing levels.

The fact is our clubs customer service is terrible and has been for ages.This is most likely to be down to staffing levels.

Some truth in that but I find it an excuse. The media team are pushing stuff out daily. Where there is a will there is a way. I am starting to believe he has no intention of raising the issue of refunds in the hope it goes away. My real issue is the nature of his reply, its aggressive when unnecessary. We are in this together right ?

have you been whooshed there ?
No. I know it was a friendly. It was meant to be a mild criticism of Akinde not putting himself about enough last season imo. Early days in Akinde's career with us so I'm not slagging him off. Just felt he didn't seem to try as much as the others in his few games for us.

No. I know it was a friendly. It was meant to be a mild criticism of Akinde not putting himself about enough last season imo. Early days in Akinde's career with us so I'm not slagging him off. Just felt he didn't seem to try as much as the others in his few games for us.

SE post match comments on 'big John' " needing to do more (on the fitness side of things) and his comments about MacDonald spending time in his namesake place suggests some haven't looked after themselves as well as others over the time off. Sure they'll get up to speed PDQ under SE.

Some physiques lend themselves to a quick return to fitness better than others. It doesn't necessarily suggest any special slackness over shutdown and getting about a football pitch in a competitive game is a great deal diffenerent than following an individual fitness plan at home.

I do think Scally is saying as little as possible about STs for obvious reasons but he needs to sy something soon and make sure it sounds fair and acceptable.

I do think Scally is saying as little as possible about STs for obvious reasons but he needs to sy something soon and make sure it sounds fair and acceptable.
A simple gesture this season would be to make all home games that the club can have attendance to be free for season ticket holders.Then only people like myself would be the only people who have not had anything from the last five games .But then again I am lost as a season ticket holder anyway. This would of course cost revenue but all in all i think it would work out about right and would not cost the club or the fans .

Chri who - how does that work if you have already paid for next year's season ticket?

Unless you are referring to cup games and for supporters who had season tickets for last year.

Chri who - how does that work if you have already paid for next year's season ticket?

Unless you are referring to cup games and for supporters who had season tickets for last year.
Yes cup and Trophy games nothing to do with last years season ticket I expect and wish to receive nothing. In total this years season ticket holders will lose at least 6 and probably 7 or more games this season and last .Being that some of the many evening games will have less value anyway offering every game free to season ticket holders will be something that I believe would be generally of financial benefit to the club.But leave fans happy too that the club were offering something of value to them directly. As against a offer of free tickets for friends or similar.

Last edited:
Another really simple solution would be to enter all season ticket holders who waive their refund into a lottery. The prize is the use of a box for a game. Last season quite a few boxes were empty so there should be at least ond available

Throw in teas, coffees and a plate of sandwiches at minimal cost.

A good way to earn some goodwill and encourage more to waive the refunds

PS its run for every home game not just one !!!!!

Last edited: