GFC Arrivals Departures | Page 6 | Vital Football

GFC Arrivals Departures

Don’t forget the large amount of free tickets handed out since the Pennock years in particular. Lots of those attendances were boosted by tickets handed out to local schools, youth clubs etc.
I dread those games as it usually means there’s a 10 year old with no interest in the game fidgeting about and kicking the back of my seat for 90 mins! :pinch:
A former work colleague and his wife gave up coming because of those freebies. They were centre Medway season ticket holders .She is now in poor health so I doubt they will be back.But it could happen again when we are allowed limited access. Approximately 500 people behind the goal in the Rainham end how do you single out the people to move?
Some will keep their seat .All pay the same for tickets .Regardless of how it is done someone is going to be well pissed off.

You lot genuinely make me laugh at times.
Not having a dig here but sometimes it’s like the miserable old gits from the muppets.
We all know that the club needs to encourage the next generation of Gills fans.
If we have spare capacity then surely giving some tickets to school kids can only be a good thing can’t it?
If only a few of those youngsters badger their dads to take them again and go on their own when old enough then it’s a worthwhile exercise.

Gills apparently looking to sign attacking midfielder Liam Sercombe, a free agent previously with Bristol Rovers. Cheltenham also want him though, and are favourites to sign him.

Approximately 500 people behind the goal in the Rainham end how do you single out the people to move?
Some will keep their seat .All pay the same for tickets .Regardless of how it is done someone is going to be well pissed off.

We had this discussion a couple of days ago.

We hopefully have a team to support. Covid and Govt regs mean that people will have to shift, sit apart, less crowd.

And you reckon people will be pissed off because “Why do I have to move” ?

F*ck it. If that’s someone’s honest response to the current situation, they may as well go elsewhere. Feck off to Charlton and watch a successful, caring club. With a nice owner.

If it was me I’d be thanking someone I actually still had a game to watch. Happily pay top dollar and sit at the back of the BMS.

Just has to be someone to blame for everything.

We had this discussion a couple of days ago.

We hopefully have a team to support. Covid and Govt regs mean that people will have to shift, sit apart, less crowd.

And you reckon people will be pissed off because “Why do I have to move” ?

F*ck it. If that’s someone’s honest response to the current situation, they may as well go elsewhere. Feck off to Charlton and watch a successful, caring club. With a nice owner.

If it was me I’d be thanking someone I actually still had a game to watch. Happily pay top dollar and sit at the back of the BMS.

Just has to be someone to blame for everything.
Look at it this way if you pay for a roof over your head you are going to be a bit pissed off it you go and then get soaking wet.All stands do not offer the same protection.I have sat in the Brian Moore stand during the Championship seasons. When it is cold and windy you freeze.I did it 20 years ago not sure I could today.

Scally’s problem here is that he is dealing with the Medway Towns public.

Some supporters have a hissy fit if they can’t sit in their usual seat.

I’m sure that the club would do their level best to allow supporters in the ground whilst taking all precautions to minimise the COVID risk but some folk will simply kick off.

Seems that Jordan Roberts is wanted on a permanent contract by Gills, but, apparently, also wanted by Doncaster Rovers & Salford City !

Scally’s problem here is that he is dealing with the Medway Towns public.

Some supporters have a hissy fit if they can’t sit in their usual seat.

I’m sure that the club would do their level best to allow supporters in the ground whilst taking all precautions to minimise the COVID risk but some folk will simply kick off.
If Priestfield is reduced to say 4 or 5 thousand fans it should not present that much of a problem. If we are talking 2 or 3 thousand or less many will have to sit nowhere near their normal seats.
You can blame those in the Rainham end for example where it is all the same price .If say they have to move load out of the centre blocks. Do they move everyone else to put them as close as possible or just move them to the nearest available seat .Whichever way someone gets to sit in their normal seat while others have to move possibly to another stand .

Chris, the fact is I would reckon nearly half of al season ticket holders are in the Rainham End as it’s the cheapest area in the ground. If there are 1k season tickets holders in a 2,400 capacity stand then most will definitely have to move. Not just looking at the two figures above, but the whole point of this cut capacity is so everyone sits apart.

This means you will have no-one either side of you (2-3 seats apart?) and possibly even no-one in the seat in front of you. This means no-one will be sitting near their mates, or maybe 5 seats apart from one anyway.

This is going to be a logistical nightmare for the club and the easiest way is to rip up all reserved seating unless you have a child with you. There would be little point in working out who is in each other’s bubbles as we’re still limited to the same percentage of capacity, but also it would just be a nightmare to work out before the start of the season.

Yes, the BMS is a worse experience than the rest of the ground and normally you should be compensated. Maybe they will, maybe they won’t. Maybe they’ll decide on refunds for last season’s missed games, maybe they won’t. It would be nice to think they’re sitting down now and working out a sensible plan including both of these (x missed games = x vouchers? X missed games and BMS seats for half of next season = x vouchers?) but we don’t know how long this will go on for. Today in the news they’re suggesting this could be ALL season. Or come Winter we could be back in lockdown after a second+ wave?

I’ve tried to put down some options and also some variables such as capacity changing on a whim - as you can see it just seems so complicated.

If it is all season with no or limited spectators I do not see how we can survive unless we get the mythical sugar daddy/investor/new owner.

Given the suggestion that a meeting on August 6th will bring clarity on possible numbers in grounds and so on; I can understand why so many clubs are not rushing to make signings. We need to be fairly certain of what money will be coming in, including any subvention from higher leagues/TV before offering firm contracts. It's not so far away and I'd expect some swift movement thereafter.

This is going to be a logistical nightmare for the club and the easiest way is to rip up all reserved seating unless you have a child with you. There would be little point in working out who is in each other’s bubbles as we’re still limited to the same percentage of capacity, but also it would just be a nightmare to work out before the start of the season.

I don't envy the ticket office trying to move everyone's seat. What a nightmare for them and not a lot of time to do it in if they are furloughed to the last minute. I agree with Trev, unreserved seating with a limited quantity per stand is the easiest away

I just can't see reserved seats being moved actually happening. In my row and the one in front and behind (I sit in one of the narrow blocks above the RE entrances tunnels) just about everyone is a ST holder. Sounds like all but 3 or 4 of us will need to be moved.

I've said it before but I pity the stewards having to try and enforce it all.

Gills must make a few quid from the factory pre-game. That's going to be decimated as well.

There must be a minimum number where its actually cheaper to play behind closed doors. You can furlough or sadly lay off all non essential staff and still get the games played. Its no good operating with no income but probably just about worse to operate at a loss.

I wonder if that will be the sad conclusion some clubs will reach