GFC Arrivals Departures | Vital Football

GFC Arrivals Departures

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
Leyton Orient have signed midfielder Ousseynou Cisse on a two-year deal after his release by League One side Gillingham. The 29-year-old joined Steve Evans' Gills in the summer of 2019 but made just five appearances.

Leyton Orient have signed midfielder Ousseynou Cisse on a two-year deal after his release by League One side Gillingham. The 29-year-old joined Steve Evans' Gills in the summer of 2019 but made just five appearances.

Would love to know what happened behind the scenes. Thought he was decent in the first game; downhill from there. And he found for at Leyton Orient.

Good luck to him.

It looks like the season may start with the first few matches behind closed doors with a full open up in October.
At least we can start signing players

At least we can start signing players
I doubt that.If Gillingham cant sell tickets or a player I doubt we will be signing players.The season ticket money might get near the cost of existing players and staff for a few months it will not pay for additional players.

Last edited:
I doubt that.If Gillingham cant sell tickets or a player I doubt we will be signing players.The season ticket money might get near the cost of existing players and staff for a few months it will not pay for additional players.

Well at some point it's going to have to, Chris, we've got a squad of 9 players at the moment, haven't we?

We also have a youth team and that is where we will make up any shortfall.

I can imagine us using a few youth teamers to make up the numbers on the bench. I'd be amazed if we're planning on using 9 youth teamers to make up an 18-man squad.

I am sure we will sign players once a date is agreed. The window is expected to open 26th July and the sort of clubs that might be interested in Tucker, or Ogilvie, will be buying. I would expect Hodson to sign for a Scottish club very soon and am sure Fuller will get offers.

I am sure we will sign players once a date is agreed. The window is expected to open 26th July and the sort of clubs that might be interested in Tucker, or Ogilvie, will be buying. I would expect Hodson to sign for a Scottish club very soon and am sure Fuller will get offers.
St Mirren is the only one mentioned so far for Hodson

That’s another £50 added to the lowest budget in the league!

Thinking ahead to the new season.If some sort of crowds will be allowed back in October what about running the season from October to the end of June.Let the Premier league do as they choose. But for normal football I think it will make a lot of sense.Financially and fan wise.I would of course mean next season would be a very short summer especially for those in the play offs. But starting with empty stadiums is never going to help anyone.

Off course the league cup early rounds and that silly trophy competition can be the pre season games in September as few watch them anyway.