Getting the bullet | Page 3 | Vital Football

Getting the bullet

Evans left/leaving fishies...

It would’ve helped if we’d have had Ched (Evans). He’s no longer with us and he’ll leave the building due to his discipline and his behaviour. “There’s been multiple infractions and we always try to give a bit of leeway but it’s just run its course”
They should take the same approach with Barton.

Watford have sacked head coach Vladimir Ivic after four months in the role.
The Hornets, who have won nine of their 20 Championship games this season under Ivic, are fifth in the table, four points off second-placed Bournemouth and nine off leaders Norwich.
The 43-year-old signed a one-year deal in August, succeeding Nigel Pearson who was sacked shortly before the club were relegated from the Premier League.

The Massive have sacked Tony Pulis after just 45 days and just 1 win in 10 games. He had apparently identified 5 players to strengthen the squad but had been told they wouldn't sign any of them because there is no money

Pulis had a significant impact on our relegation. After we won at Stoke he told Ollie we were playing suicide football and I think this got into Ollie's brain cell and confused him a bit.

Pulis had a significant impact on our relegation. After we won at Stoke he told Ollie we were playing suicide football and I think this got into Ollie's brain cell and confused him a bit.

We played Stoke off the park that day and were well worth our win. Can't see why Ollie would change things after that. Spoke to a couple of Stoke fans on the way back to the car and he said we were one of the best sides he had seen at the Britannia that season

Last edited:
We played Stoke off the park that day and were well worth our win. Can't see why Ollie would change things after that
Think you might have got your matches confused? I'm sure Stoke hit the woodwork twice and we cleared one off the line.

Our goal was a counter attack having been penned in most of the game.

We lost our place in the Prem at Blackburn and Everton at Blackburn suicidal goalkeeping and at Everton we took off our attackers when we where well ahead and put defenders on and snatched defeat from Victory.

One can pick many moments when a different turn of fortune might have made a difference. Not getting the late corner at Blackburn, being robbed of a pen at Bloomers v Utd DJ's stupidity at Wolves etc but for me the moment was when Cathcart wimped out of putting his body on the line to block Defoe's equaliser at Spurs.

Fulham home, horwich away, points dropped.
The disallowed goal at Wet Spam, failure to take anything off Brum, Peter Walton not giving THAT pen, still rankles me the most but only 2 people to blame for relegation that year.
Would never happen under this regime.