Getting the bullet | Page 2 | Vital Football

Getting the bullet

I have always enjoyed Holloway's swashbuckling confidence building style of management and I have forgiven him for his Hollowords. The history of his management at Blackpool with very limited resources and the teams success shall never be forgotten by the supporters of Blackpool F.C..

Last edited:
Without us he would have been a non league manager much sooner but looking at where Grimsby are now it might be sooner rather than later.

Apart from a five year stint at QPR he has never stayed anywhere long. With us his greatest achievement was surely getting us into the play offs again after relegation with a substantially rebuilt team. I loved his attacking philosophy but just wished he had engaged his brain and his integrity before spouting off. A flawed diamond who gave us an extraordinary adventure.

dont forget the 2nd thing he did, without our Best Trip would NAPM of occurred, ole rapee would of been unable to strip the funds and the courts would never of given uncle Val his money. Ollie as a co owner is probably now in the situation he wants, security as a manager and a draw on unearthing talent. Will he ever repeat his feats with us and palarse, I doubt it very much.

Last edited:
dont forget the 2nd thing he did, without our Best Trip would NAPM of occurred, ole rapee would of been able to strip the funds and the courts would never of given uncle Val his money. Ollie as a co owner is probably now in the situation he wants, security as a manager and a draw on unearthing talent. Will he ever repeat his feats with us and palarse, I doubt it very much.
I'm not sure he's in the situation he wants at Grimsby - things looking very odd off the field there, with certain allegations being made about their chairman and his connection to a convicted fraudster/some question marks over certain financial transactions.

I'm not sure he's in the situation he wants at Grimsby - things looking very odd off the field there, with certain allegations being made about their chairman and his connection to a convicted fraudster/some question marks over certain financial transactions.
follows him around, maybe its Ollies sort of chairman

Big Sam saying all the right things. Obviously has to work on a budget with that lot. Could turn em round for a short while but what can he do with a yoyo club ?

I hope Big Sam all the best but hope he and his team leave Pool dejected and well beaten....Come on Pool .

Evans left/leaving fishies...

It would’ve helped if we’d have had Ched (Evans). He’s no longer with us and he’ll leave the building due to his discipline and his behaviour. “There’s been multiple infractions and we always try to give a bit of leeway but it’s just run its course”