Gerzette Reporting £25m Bid | Vital Football

Gerzette Reporting £25m Bid

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
A Singapore company is believed to have tabled a £25m bid for Blackpool FC.

The Gazette has learned that vSport is looking to strike a deal to take complete control of the football club and Bloomfield Road stadium.
Such a deal would mean the Oyston family ceasing to have any involvement in the club.
It is believed talks between club owner Owen Oyston and vSport founder Qiang Bai have been ongoing since April, with significant progress made this week resulting in the formal bid.
Any potential deal has been hampered by the protracted legal dispute between Oyston and the former Blackpool FC director and president Valeri Belokon.
The Latvian businessman is still owed around £24m by Oyston following a High Court ruling in his favour last November. vSport has been assured all legal complications will be resolved by the end of this month, prompting the company’s Chinese-American founder Qiang Bai to make the bid.
Rumours of the talks between Owen Oyston and Qiang Bai began to circulate last month, when the Daily Mail published a picture of both men in front of Oyston’s woolly mammoth skeleton . vSport issued a statement on May 20 to say the company would not be commenting on the rumours but was “actively pursuing commercial partnerships and investments globally through our trusted partners”. It is thought the company first approached Blackpool FC to discuss a possible takeover at the start of 2017.
The Gazette understands that Oyston himself values the club at £45m but vSport would not entertain such a figure. Oyston, 84, claimed at the start of April that a deal was close to being finalised with an unnamed investment group. The only subsequent comment from Oyston has been a statement on April 26, saying a deal would be completed within the “next three to five days”.
vSport is involved in blockchain technology to develop digital currencies such as bitcoin and has been looking for an investment opportunity in English football. The former Dutch international Wes Sneijder has links to the company but is not believed to be involved in the Blackpool takeover talks.

Last edited:
I'm with Whitey don't believe anything until the keys are handed over and ink dried on any contract

So why has no deal been done ? Yet another wiff of bullshit. Not sure I would want this kind of company running the club any way, smells dodgey as F%@k.

Last edited:
Fairies were seen dancing at the bottom of Prem's garden last night singing that Owen was going to hang on to the club and take us back to the Premiership in 5 years with backing from vsport_io.

Fairies were seen dancing at the bottom of Prem's garden last night singing that Owen was going to hang on to the club and take us back to the Premiership in 5 years with backing from vsport_io.
Premier 1 will be pleased with that news Teddy. ?

:cool: I can see nothing in the Gazz about this but being a crap paper it doesn't surprise me.It took them long enough to report Liam signing:downer:

For many years the club has been run by a "businessman" and his family. To my mind their unwillingness to invest a little for a potentially huge gain has shown them to be poor businessmen. I fear that anyone prepared to pay 25 million for the wreck of a club also lacks sound financial judgement so I'm not optimistic about our future.:shake:

For many years the club has been run by a "businessman" and his family. To my mind their unwillingness to invest a little for a potentially huge gain has shown them to be poor businessmen. I fear that anyone prepared to pay 25 million for the wreck of a club also lacks sound financial judgement so I'm not optimistic about our future.:shake:
When did you last visit Bloomfield are?

The Oystons have always been crap business people and wouldn't know the term 'speculate to accumulate' if it smacked them in the face. Their inability to invest at the back end of our Premier season showed that. They have been very lucky in their early days of business but their time is running out...

The Oystons have always been crap business people and wouldn't know the term 'speculate to accumulate' if it smacked them in the face. Their inability to invest at the back end of our Premier season showed that. They have been very lucky in their early days of business but their time is running out...

The World through Owens eyes must be a very strange place indeed. Its amazing how he's accumulated money, he must have made some ventures and taken risks at some point in his life, but like you say Bob, you need a lot of luck along the way and yes, he has sh1t his hole full.
He's a broken man and I believe the way he is acting now, is the thing that's keeping him going. Not for much longer though, it is to be hoped.