Georges-Kevin Nkoudou | Page 2 | Vital Football

Georges-Kevin Nkoudou

Nkoudou isn't an orthodox winger though. If anything
he's more of an inverted winger being right footed and playing on the left. We never have an issue switching Lamela, Son or Moura between left and right whist Dele barely pops up on the right and is right footed.

My theory is perhaps that as he gets into the tighter spaces more centrally then he doesn't have the same impact. When he first joined I was hoping Poch would take him down the same journey as he did Rose and turn him into a quality wing-back. That hasn't happened either.

Must admit, it's tough for the fans to get the big picture with him. Not sure we ever will, but he seems a popular figure and very low maintenance for Poch. Squads sometimes need these players. If he was homegrown, I'm guessing we'd just accept him as making up the numbers.

Apparently GKN is very liked by everyone, staff included, but he struggles with a tactical intelligence. He naturally sticks to the left flank and is easily marked out of games. He doesnt lack ability, which he has shown in a lot of his performances, but if he doesnt adapt to the roaming tactics Poch asks of his front men he still wont get starts.

Where I don't agree with Poch is that he has shown time and time again that he has plenty to offer as a sub and nearly always has an impact. When you look at the minutes/stats for Spurs you can quickly see that there is something there but it just needs to click. Confidence and more focus might be all he needs.

If he won't get a chance now then he never will.

IMO he is needed and I would give him a chance. He has pace, can cross the ball, he can go past players.

Maybe him, and Lucas could be our wingers with Llorente or Lamela as the main CF.

I don't see any other options.

When asked about GK, Poch apparently said something like, 'If he's in the squad, as he was at Fulham, then he is in my plans, in Tottenham's plans...'

So maybe there's hope for him yet.

When asked about GK, Poch apparently said something like, 'If he's in the squad, as he was at Fulham, then he is in my plans, in Tottenham's plans...'

So maybe there's hope for him yet.

You have to earn the right to be in his thinking by how you behave outside the squad and at training - and Poch and the coaches have never deviated from that approach.

A player either improves because of that approach or they're moved on (eventually!).

Interesting what happened at Man U with player power against Jose. Poch has a tight unit of players and coaches. It seems a player has to be part of that circle. I am curious what has happened to KWP lately , I don't think he has even been on the bench and no word on injury.

Interesting what happened at Man U with player power against Jose. Poch has a tight unit of players and coaches. It seems a player has to be part of that circle. I am curious what has happened to KWP lately , I don't think he has even been on the bench and no word on injury.

Noticed that as well, but also noticed that every one of our defenders is fit for selection as well. With right footers like Foyth and Dier on the bench and 3 centre halves on the pitch, do you need the second full-back? If KWP isn't involved in either of the next 2 games, I'll be shocked.

For what it's worth:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ers-to-aid-tottenham-title-push-a4025556.html

Mauricio Pochettino has backed youngster Kyle Walker-Peters to play a key role in the future of Tottenham after a starring role in his first Premier League start of the season.

The 21-year-old, forced to bounce back from a mistake at Barcelona as he gifted Ousmane Dembele the opener in the crucial Champions League clash, laid on the first three goals as Spurs moved to second above Manchester City with a 5-0 win over Bournemouth.

With games coming thick and fast, Pochettino called on Walker-Peters to offer respite to Kieran Trippier, while Serge Aurier continues to recover from a groin problem.

Despite the mistake at Camp Nou, Pochettino said there was never any doubt over the full-backs quality, telling reporters: "It's no surprise to me. I told you after the match in Barcelona that we really believe in him and he has amazing quality and only needs time to mature and show his quality.

"I'm so pleased, so happy, because I think his quality is going to help the team this season and for the future he's going to be a very important player for Tottenham.

"Did I have to speak to him after the mistake? Not really, because this type of thing happens in football. The first person who knows that very well is the players, to come in after and try to make sure that that situation meant a lot to you there is no point.

"I think the most important thing is not to talk to too much about this type of situation afterwards and not only a young player but a senior player too. It's for us a mistake that is part of the game. When a player makes a mistake it's not important for us.

"What's important is that you try afterwards. If you try and you play and you don't think about the mistake you make, that's the most important thing for us.

"The problem is when you make a mistake and you are thinking about that mistake and you don't play the football in the game. That is the way we need to work with the players. For us they need to make the mistake because football is about making mistakes. That is the way we try to manage the squad and the players."