Geoffrey Hayes deceased of Rainbow TV programme | Vital Football

Geoffrey Hayes deceased of Rainbow TV programme

LGC

Vital Reserves Team
Just been reading his obituary which says......"Hayes was charmingly guileless, candid about the decline of his career and devoid of bitterness.His three main interests were supporting Stockport County FC, growing vegetables on his allotment and listening to music:.

Who knew?

My word! I found out he was from Stockport but a County fan to boot. Well I never. RIP someone who seemed to be a very nice gent.

Oh.. LGC forgot to say, Ian's excellent match reports on Vital County have been submitted to Newsnow for approval. They deserve to be read by as wide an audience as possible. If the site is approved - and we should see the audience grow ten-fold, I will make a push to get the forum populated by more County fans (of a reasonable and sensible nature I hope!)

I've written to a couple explaining how to participate in the hope that they would contribute but so far nothing. I know that one of them watches out for the reports on the hedgegrower website and I also know that he reads the newsnow site. We can only nudge gently in the hope that people realise that their opinion counts.

I hope we'll get there... site profits will go back to County - it's not much but the more folk read and post the more money is raised.

At the moment money goes to the Supporters Co-op towards their hosting of the Co-op site.

It could go to the Guardian Fund or to the Players Fund or whatever... once on Newsnow (crossed fingers) we could get an article with a poll asking for guidance from the readers.

Latest County News