General politics thread: | Page 94 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some kids in my school (a looooooong time ago) used to have noses absolutely clammed with gloopy snot. Both nostrils. What was that about?

You couldn’t make it up. EU having a bust up with Olympic organisers because they are not flying the EU flag??? Next they will insist on EU anthem being played every time a European gets on the podium.

I suppose the Union Jack is the EU flag equivalent, representing several countries. Im sure Britain would prob have an issue if they didnt fly the British Flag?

I suppose the Union Jack is the EU flag equivalent, representing several countries. Im sure Britain would prob have an issue if they didnt fly the British Flag?

Great Britain is a competitive country. Not England or Wales. The English or Welsh flag does not fly. Italy is a competing country. If the EU flag is flying, as a competing country the Italian flag doesn’t fly, nor any other European country. Just like the Georgia or Texan flag doesn’t fly but the Stars and Stripes does. It is one small step towards a federal Europe. Slowly, slowly catch a monkey. But many on here support that.

Great Britain is a competitive country. Not England or Wales. The English or Welsh flag does not fly. Italy is a competing country. If the EU flag is flying, as a competing country the Italian flag doesn’t fly, nor any other European country. Just like the Georgia or Texan flag doesn’t fly but the Stars and Stripes does. It is one small step towards a federal Europe. Slowly, slowly catch a monkey. But many on here support that.
nyou lost me at great britain is a competetive country, err, no, its a union of several countries birdbrain lol

nyou lost me at great britain is a competetive country, err, no, its a union of several countries birdbrain lol

GB & NI compete as one team at the Olympics. Each team represents a country, therefore for the purposes of the Olympics our team is a country. Guess the EU could compete if they wanted and changed their bond to meet the IOC rules, but they would only get one set of athletes etc, which I'm sure wouldn't go down very well !

There have often been arguments over the football (FIFA?) that Scotland, Wales and NI are NOT separate country's , which was the big fear when we had a GB team in the London Olympics.

Meanwhile in Uganda…

In other news the UK gave Uganda £35m in aid last year.

It’s criminal we are reducing our aid.

If UK Aid was directed in the right way - i.e. with a much larger amount to improving democracy, accountability, transparency and supporting an environment for free and fair elections (in other words, doing as much as possible to prevent them from being rigged), we would probably be looking at a Uganda that would have a different government and be much easier to do business with, which would have been beneficial for the UK.

However, like much of this government's foreign policy and policy in general, it tries to be all things to all men, spreads itself too thinly and ends up achieving nothing anywhere, with anyone, with anything.

If UK Aid was directed in the right way - i.e. with a much larger amount to improving democracy, accountability, transparency and supporting an environment for free and fair elections (in other words, doing as much as possible to prevent them from being rigged), we would probably be looking at a Uganda that would have a different government and be much easier to do business with, which would have been beneficial for the UK.

However, like much of this government's foreign policy and policy in general, it tries to be all things to all men, spreads itself too thinly and ends up achieving nothing anywhere, with anyone, with anything.
How many times in the past have we seen similar stories?

On the one hand there should be accountability for the countries receiving the money to show it has been used responsibly but the people giving the money also have to be more savvy in how it is handed out.

GB & NI compete as one team at the Olympics. Each team represents a country, therefore for the purposes of the Olympics our team is a country. Guess the EU could compete if they wanted and changed their bond to meet the IOC rules, but they would only get one set of athletes etc, which I'm sure wouldn't go down very well !

There have often been arguments over the football (FIFA?) that Scotland, Wales and NI are NOT separate country's , which was the big fear when we had a GB team in the London Olympics.
its still several countries lol

Say what you want about the Italians, but they knew how to make a bridge…

Attachments

• AF0FB602-55A5-4209-90F3-B12B7BBB875D.jpeg
    AF0FB602-55A5-4209-90F3-B12B7BBB875D.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 9
Isn’t that the one where they were paid half on completion and told they would get the other half if it lasted so many years…?

Dunno. Down here near Nimes and it is an aqueduct that supplied water to there. Pont du Gard. Very impressive.

Last edited:
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...o-lowest-level-since-he-became-prime-minister

Jesus fucking Christ Starmer. Do something.

The latest poll shows that 34% of voters now approve of the job he is doing as prime minister, while 49% disapprove – up two points on the previous poll. When rounding was taken into account, the overall approval rating amounted to -16.

However, the poll suggests that bad news for Johnson does not necessarily lead to good news for Labour. Keir Starmer’s approval rating is also down, with a net score of -11. It fell from -6 two weeks ago. 28% approve of the job he is doing, while 39% disapprove. It is his worst score since Opinium started tracking him in this way.

More people approve of Johnson lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.